➾ Chapter Seven

Magnusson's helicopter picked you, Sherlock, and John up from the cottage and flew you over to his mansion. You were understandably nervous about what possible events could transpire in the time you were in the presence of a madman.

The three of you were escorted by two guards into the house and up an elevator where your father was sitting on a stark white couch drinking something from a glass.

"I would offer you a drink, but it's very rare and expensive," he said, shifting his sight to you. "Unless my dear daughter would like some?"

"Piss off," you replied, crossing your arms defensively.

Magnusson clicked his tongue disapprovingly but didn't respond otherwise.

"I want everything you have on Mary," Sherlock said, getting straight to the point.

Magnusson laughed and you tried to keep your breathing at a steady pace because you knew what was coming in the very near future, and it would blow a hole in everything Sherlock thought he knew.

You watched nervously as Sherlock handed Mycroft's laptop to Magnusson who took it with a sinister smile that would unnerve the most stoic of people.

"I honestly expected something good," he said.

"I think you'll find the contents of that laptop--" Sherlock was cut off.

"Including a GPS locator," Magnusson interrupted. "Your brother will have noticed the theft and security services will soon be converging on this house. They will have arrived and finding top secret information in my possession, then they will have every justification to search my vaults."

"Cut the crap," you spat, not caring that you were possibly making matters worse.

"What are you going on about?" John asked.

Magnusson smirked. "My lovely daughter knows that Sherlock has made a fatal mistake that will endanger everything and everyone he loves."

Magnusson got up from the couch and you let out a wavered breath as you shied away from Sherlock's and John's curious eyes. You knew what was coming as Magnusson led your trio down a flight of winding stairs, and there was nothing you could do about it. You felt utterly helpless in your situation and position because you knew the outcome of this all along, yet you couldn't say anything and time was ticking fast.

"The entrance to my vaults," Manusson announced as you stopped at a set of wood doors. He looked at you--a knowing look--and turned to the doors, slowly opening them to reveal a white room with a single chair placed in the middle.

Magnusson swaggered in as John and Sherlock tried to comprehend what the hell was happening at the moment.

"Where are the vaults?" John questioned.

Sherlock looked at you and you crept away from his piercing stare as you silently prayed for forgiveness.

"Vaults? What vaults?" Magnusson asked rhetorically, taking a seat in the chair. "They're all in here."

"They never existed," you blurted. "He--His mind palace. He has documents hidden away like Sherlock and Mycroft."

"You knew?" John commanded.

"Yes, but there was nothing I could do," you said desperately. "That was what I had on him, but he had stuff on me as well. I tried to tell you guys it wasn't worth it, but you didn't listen!"

"Now, now, no need to fuss," Magnusson said, amused as he stood and checked his watch. "Let's go outside; they'll be here shortly."

Magnusson walked passed the three of you and you looked up at Sherlock as you began following your father with the two men.

"I'm sorry," you whispered shakily.

"Don't be--you had no other option. We should have listened," Sherlock muttered monotonously.

You couldn't tell what was going through his head, even when you were all on the outside of the mansion and Magnusson began screwing with John no matter how much you pleaded for him to stop. You were trapped in the harsh reality and didn't know how the hell you would escape from it. You felt hopeless and depressed, only wanting to curl up in a ball and forget the world.

A helicopter and sirens were heard in the distance, and soon, the four of you were surrounded by a S.W.A.T. team and elite secret agents signed to the government. You were trembling out of fear of the outcome and for what would happen to your friends and the people closest to you after the incident.

"(Y/N) (L/N), Sherlock Holmes, and John Watson, step away from that man," Mycroft's voice boomed from a speaker coming from the helicopter.

"It's fine! They're harmless!" Magnusson assured, laughing, then he turned back to Sherlock. "No chance for you to be a hero this time, Mr. Holmes."

"Oh, do your research," Sherlock said, approaching Magnusson. "I'm not a hero; I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Merry Christmas!"

Sherlock's arm raised and a shot rang out as Magnusson collapsed to the ground. You saw when he had done it--not only shot your father, but when he snatched John's gun. You didn't say anything because you wanted Magnusson gone since he causes only pain and Sherlock would have been shot if you yelled that he was armed.

"Christ, Sherlock!" John exclaimed with his hands up.

Your eyes were widened at the sight of Magnusson's body covered in blood on the ground. Even though you wanted him dead, you felt guilty and sad that your last living family member was reduced to such a fate. But it was something you could live with, had to live with.

Mycroft's shouting seemed distant as you cowered away from the body slowly with your hands up until your back hit the side of the house. You closed your eyes as Sherlock was taken down by the gunmen and John was restrained along with you afterwards.

You were worried about how Mycroft was dealing with the situation regarding yourself and what he thought happened as you were dragged away and locked in a van by yourself as you knew John would be as well since Sherlock was the murderer now.

You were taken to the government's secret facility where you would be dealt with properly, to your understanding. You wondered if you would be charged as an accomplice or if Mycroft would still fight to get you out. You didn't know how it would play out, but you could only hope for the best.