One Special Dragon

So this covers a lot and is really long, but I hope it makes up for my lack of updating this in so long!!! ^.^ enjoy.
~Juria Kurosaki-Chan

Ed woke up laying in Roy's bed, shifting his wings and whimpering in pain. He realized his wing, which the boys had broken, was bound again and he remembered what had happened he remembered the boys and what happened while they were there, he remembered Roy's face before he passed out.

Ed looked next to the bed and saw Roy sitting there in a chair. He must've been waiting for Ed to wake up. He looked mad.

Ed whimpered, was the man mad at him? Why was he mad? Ed didn't bite them, didn't fight back! He'd been good! Roy noticed Ed's movements then and turned to face him. His expression didn't change as he looked at Ed.

"The boys said you bit them," he said in a stormy tone.

No he hadn't! He'd been good! He didn't bite them or fight back, he did what Roy said and didn't hurt them! But maybe he did... Some things were still fuzzy in his memory, maybe he did and he just doesn't remember...

Ed knew that Roy had only been keeping Ed with him here out of the kindness of his heart, he knew that if he screwed up something, something like this... Roy would send him away without a second thought.

"You know what this means right?" he asked Ed, "You know I can't keep you if you attack my patients."

Ed knew it... He'd screwed up, he'd ruined this. It was all his fault. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see Roy's angry face anymore.

He trusted Roy so much, trusted him so much that he wanted to show Roy his secret, something humans didn't know about gold dragons. It was a painful process to show this secret, but he was willing to go through the pain for Roy. This man was his Destined, even if he didn't know it. Ed wondered if he would even care that he was if he knew. Ed was almost sure that he probably wouldn't. Now was probably a better time than any other to show Roy his secret. It wasn't like it would matter to him much anyway, since he'd be sent away or become a money source, not a companion, soon anyway.

It would be more painful to do this than other times because of his broken wing. But this was his last chance. He curled up into himself, and the change started. First his legs grew longer, the front set into human arms and hands and the back pair into human legs and feet. His body grew longer into a torso and abdomen. His scales turned to skin and his skin turned from gold to a light tan. His snout grew shorter into a nose and a pair of lips and golden hair grew maybe seven inches long in waves down from his head. Finally his wings melded into his back, disappearing into his skin. The whole process hurt like fire through his veins and he had been vaguely aware of the pained whimpers and whines that turned into pained groans he was making as he changed. When he finished the transformation, he slowly sat up, wincing a little as he did so, and slowly opened his eyes, revealing gold irises with a thin, snake-like pupils.

His eyes flicked up to Roy and what he saw was something he'd kind of already expected, horrified shock. That's what everyone's expression looks like when they saw a gold dragon's secret. Only gold dragons could change, none of the others could.

"Just wanted to show you," Ed mumbled, his voice a little rough from not being used in years. He looked away from Roy's face and down at his lap, pulling a blanket over his lap to cover himself at least a little bit.

"Sparta..."

"Ed," the dragon-boy interrupted, "My name's Ed."

Roy looked at him, a little surprised. "You have a name before me?"