eight.

addie pov

I was walking around the party, trying to find Ashton. The party had just started half an hour ago and it's already going really well. I saw Luke above the crowd and then I approached and saw Ashton making out with Jen, I felt my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach, how could he do this? I let out a sigh and quickly ran through all the hot bodies to get to my backyard. I found Trent and began kissing him. I have no idea why, but I just did. I just hated that Ashton would take me out and spend all night trying to get to know me, but then all the things that Luke said all started making sense. He didn't actually like me, he just wanted to hook up with me, I just don't understand why he would go to such an extent just to get me naked.

Trent pulled away from me, his hands still around my waist, holding me close. "So, is that a yes to what I asked earlier?" He asked, biting his lip.

"I would say so, yeah." I laughed, looking up at Trent. Trent asked me out earlier in the night and I was going to turn him down because I wanted to talk to Ashton about him and I, but I guess that's all dead and gone. Why would I waste my time on someone that only wants me to have sex with. I mean, I know Trent's intentions aren't much better, but he has had a crush on me since we were ten.

He took my hand and we sat in the backyard with Jesse, Michael, my friend Hannah, and some girl Jesse was trying to get with. Jesse pulled out a pre-maid joint from his cigarette pack, lighting it and passing it to me. "To the new couple." He laughed, looking at Trent and me.

"Thanks, Jesse." I smiled, taking a long drag from the joint, holding it in my lungs. I grabbed Trent's face and blew the smoke into his mouth, starting to make out with him. i pulled away and he blew out the smoke, smiling at me. I passed the joint back to Jesse and he looked at me with confusion. "I'm going to go on a walk with Trent, I'll see you guys later." I smiled, taking Trent's hand and leading him back to the house.

I was about to go upstairs when Luke grabbed me, pulling me away from Trent. "What the hell are you doing?" He screamed into my ear over the music.

"What do you mean?" I asked, stepping back from him.

"You don't want Trent, you want Ashton and he wants you." He said, losing his balance.

"He was making out with Jen. You were right, Luke, he doesn't want me." I sighed. "I have a boyfriend I have to get back to. Stay the night tonight, I don't want you driving." I said, stroking his face before walking away.

-

ashton pov

I woke up on the floor and with my head ringing and my left shoe missing. I had no idea where I was, this looked nothing like my house. I got up and walked the halls, flashbacks of last night coming back to me. I remembered shortly after that Addie invited me to stay the night last night because I wasn't well enough to drive, which was a great call.

I walked downstairs, hearing Addie giggle. I followed that beautiful sound, but when I saw that those giggles were met by a pretty boy kissing her neck, I was extremely disappointed. I cleared my throat and Addie looked over at me, a smile on her face. she unwrapped her arms from Trent's neck and turned towards me, Trent wrapping his arms around her waist, pressing himself against her. I swear, the sight of them was going to make me sick. I should be in Trent's place. She was supposed to be mine.

"Good morning." I said, sitting on the island in her kitchen. She slid a bottle of aspirin in my direction and I nodded a quick 'thank you' to her.

"I made everyone breakfast. Want some?" She asked.

"No thanks, I feel like if I put anything in my body I'll throw up." I laughed nervously. "So, you two are a thing now?"

"Yes we are." Trent responded, kissing her cheek. "I've been chasing after her since I was ten years old. and now she's finally mine."

"only took you 8 years." She responded, a laugh escaping her lips. "Ashton, you gotta eat something. It's okay if you throw up, I have bathrooms."

"I guess a small amount of food won't hurt, thank you." I responded. "You guys seem really energized, how does that happen after a night of drinking?" I asked.

"Well, we smoke weed instead of drinking. We drink, but not enough to get drunk." She responded.

"Plus, high sex is a billion times better than drunk sex." Trent said, my body getting really tense. I hated the idea of them being together. it should've been me, hell, I was going to ask her out last night but she was sucking on Mr. I Have Two Nose Rings On The Same Side Of My Nose So I'm Edgy.

I laughed. "I hope you choke." I said under my breath. Addie looked at me with her eyes wide, but I don't think Trent heard me.

"Ashton, can I speak to you outside for a moment?" She asked, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of my chair. I shielded my eyes from the sun while she ran her fingers through her hair. "what the actual fück has gotten into you? Why would you say I hope you choke to Trent?" She yelled, taking a deep breath immediately after.

"What do you want me to say?" I shrugged, avoiding eye contact with her.

"how about you tell me why you told my boyfriend to choke. That's a good start." She crossed her arms.

"I just-" I took a deep breath. "I just think it should've been us together instead of you two."

We sat in silence for a moment and the whole time she looked at me with complete disgust. She stepped closer to me, letting out a scoff. "Yeah, well maybe you should've thought about that before you kissed someone else last night. I know who you are and what you do to women, Luke told me everything, I just hate that you would go to that extent to see me naked. It's pathetic, it truly is." She began walking away, but stopped right before she got into her house. "Next time, just tell me you want to fūck me. It'll probably get you better chances than you leading me on."