2. Mate

I didn't want to go with them. I didn't want to go any further into their territory. So I did what any logical person, or werewolf, would do.

I ran. I turned my heel and I ran as fast as I could. Which was stupid considering these guys were twice my size. I stood at about 5'3" and weighed about 100 pounds. These guys stood at over 6' and whatever they weighed was in pure muscle. I'm fast, but I know I can't outrun these guys.

Before I made it five steps, one arm grabbed each of mine, lifting me off the ground and carrying me further into their land. Both of them carrying me was completely unnecessary, it would only take one of them to take me against my will.

I was kicking and struggling and grunting while they continued walking, unfazed by my struggles.

"This is kidnapping! Even if I am on your property! You can't take people against their will!" I shouted, hoping to persuade them.

"Should we take her to the cells or to the boss?" One asked the other. I couldn't see who, since my back was to their back.

"Neither! You should take me to neither! You should let me go, you psychopaths!"

"Let's take her straight to Zach."

I groaned. That must be their alpha. Maybe he'll just let me go...

They began walking me to what I assumed was their pack house where their Alpha would probably be in his office.

They carried me through the doors and up the marble stairs. I haven't stopped struggling since they grabbed me. As we reached the door to what was likely to be the Alpha's office, I suddenly stopped my struggles.

The most amazing aroma invaded my nose. I can't even explain it, but it was the best smell I had ever encountered. It made my insides do somersaults and my knees go weak. That smell can only mean one thing.

Mate.

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Now is not the time to meet my mate. Don't get me wrong. I love the idea of a mate. It's just that, now is not a good time. I just got my freedom back and mate's tend to be, well, you know...possessive and controlling. I don't want that right now and plus, I'm on the run! I don't want to put his life in danger within the moment I meet him.

I see people passing the hall as we wait for the door to open, but none of them are my mate. I look around frantically, hoping he won't sense me. If he sees me, he won't let me leave

At that thought I start struggling again, taking the boys by surprise. They lose their grip for a moment and I run towards the stairs, only to be grabbed by my waist by the brunette and pulled back towards the door. We hear a "Come in", and the blonde opens the door.

I am hitting the arm of my captor repeatedly as we walk through the threshold and the scent becomes overwhelming. I am placed on my feet with an arm still secured around my waist. My big blue eyes look up to meet the Alpha's mesmerizing green ones.

His eyes turn darker and do not move away from mine. And it is in that moment that I realize, the Alpha is my mate.