Keeping Promises

"Lauren I didn't mean to. I didn't know what to say. You know I'm not good with words."

"Sometimes all you need is to hear someone's voice. You could've said anything and I would've made me feel 100 times better."

"I should've called. And maybe I should've never left in the first place and I am so sorry for that. Look I know I haven't given you a reason to but can we start over as friends? Laurie I've missed you." I was a little iffy about this. Lord knows were just friends end up but I really think this could be good for me because as much as I try to deny it I've missed him too.

"Yes, But one condition."

"And that is."

"Tell me everything about your year. No stops, no skipping anything, I want to know every detail."

"Deal."

So for the next 3 hours that is what we did. He talked about some people he met, his school, his house, etc and I just listened trying to paint a mental image in my head. I was happy, like the happiest I'd been in a very long time.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

Caller ID: Spencer Hastings

"Hey Spence, How is the dinner going?"

"Get to my house now." Her voice was a little frantic and I immediately knew something was wrong. I threw a twenty on the table and ran out of the Brew nearly knocking a waiter down.

"What's wrong Spencer you're scaring me."

"It's Alison, they found her."

Dial tone -

Looking back on this know I should've known something wasn't right when she used her full name. I felt a muscular hand grab my arm but I didn't jump this time. I knew exactly who it was.

"Why'd you run out like that? Did I do something wrong?" My smile reached from ear to as when I said,"They found Ali, I got to get to her house."

"Let me drive, I'll get us there quicker." I knew for a fact he would. Mike has always driven like an aspiring Nascar racer. I drive fast but I'm talking about the normal 10 miles over the limit stuff.

We pulled as close as we could get which was the start of the Hastings property line. The road was blocked and there were so many cop cars I couldn't count them. Again, I should've known something wasn't right. I got out of my car's passenger seat running not even acknowledging the cop who tried to stop me. I'm pretty sure Mike is handling that right about now.

"Lauren" I heard someone call my name from across the street. That's when I saw Alison's Mom coming over to meet me.

"Mrs.DiLaurentis, It's true isn't it. They found Ali. Spencer called me and said they did. Where is she?"

Here is the part that I wish never happen. That I could've stayed content in my one year and not know what happened to her. Because this moment, this moment right here absoultely destroyed me.

"Lauren they found her body." Those five words echoed in my head for a minute as I recognized my surroundings.

Spencer was sitting on the sidewalk with her head down and a cop was putting a blanket around her. Hanna was just staring at the barn as if she was trying to take that night all back. We can't change the past Han, Lord knows I've tried. Emily was screaming, so loud, and so high pitched I could not catch what she was saying. I wanted to help her, to quiet the noise but I didn't know how. I couldn't help her just like I couldn't help Ali. Aria was leaning against the old DiLaurentis house as she broke down. I just stood there like a deer caught in headlights because for the first time in my life I didn't know what to do.

Then the words, the four little words that means the world to someone but no one ever wants to hear them. They found her body. Her can't be my friend, no not Alison. But it was and deep inside I knew this for exactly a year now as much as I wanted to deny it. My knees gave out as the tears finally came streaming down my face like a raging river and just as I was about to hit the ground someone caught me.

The same someone who catches me everytime I fall.