Taking This One To The Grave

Flashback
That Summer
"What the hell are you doing? Do you think this is cool? Dammit you're so much smarter than this."

"Please Laurie, I'll stop. Just don't tell anyone."

"I won't if you stop, but so help me God Mike if you don't.

"I promise." The first lie.

Flashback Over

"Wait a minute, you and Mr.Fitz had sex in a bathroom in a bar. Damn little bean that's daring." Hanna laughed. Leave it to Hanna took make a bad situation a good one. After awhile Spencer said, "So that's what A has on you." Looking away Aria replied, "Well that's half of it." She said looking skeptical about divulging the full truth.

"Hey Ar we've been friends since we were 6. You can trust us."

"My dad had an affair with a student. It'd been going on for while when I found out."

"How'd you find out?" Emily asked.

"Ali and I were waking home one day when we saw him with her. She promised to keep my secret and know A is threatening to tell my Mom. Guys I know what he did was wrong but my Mom can't take that kind of news. it'll break her." Aria finished tearing up.

The words it's going to be okay were on the tip of my tongue when Emily said in almost a whisper, "I loved Alison."

"Em we all loved Alison. That's the whole point of this." Spencer said. But by the look on Emily's face I knew there was more. I think I knew what she meant. "No Spence, I think she's trying to say she was in love with her." Emily had tears runnig down her face when I grabbed her and pulled her into my arms.

"We won't judge you, Em. You're our best friend, practically a sister. We will always be there for you."

"So A is holding that over your head. It could be worse. You could be a ex bulimic shop lifter whose Dad cares about his step daughter more than his actual daughter." She said in one breathe. "God Hanna, why didn't you tell us." Aria said.

"For the same reason you didn't tell us about Mr.Fitz. We weren't friends then." She was mad. She skipped right from sad to mad. I could tell she'd been sitting on thus for awhile now.

"Han-" Spencer tried to stop the oncoming Hanna storm but it didn't really work. "No Spencer you lost the chance to call me Han when you walked out of my life, just like everyone else." She said as her walls finally fell and with then came the tears and her repeating the same phrase over again, "Why'd you have to go." Only I didn't know who she was referring to. Alison. Her Dad. The Girls.

"I was speeding. When Ali died, I was on drugs. I had a lot of pressure in school and from my parents and Melissa. So I took a kid up on his offer. I was addicted almost instantly. Ali knew and promised not to tell anyone."

"Oh my god Spencer are you still using them." Aria asked. "No I stopped almost a year ago. I couldn't remember anything from that night. I couldn't remember the last time we were all together so I made a choice to stop. It was hard but it was worth it."

"What about you L? What are your demons? What does A have on you?"

Here it goes. My deepest darkest secret.

"Wait can we finish this later. An emergency practice was just planned and I have to be there in 10 minutes." Emily said.

Saved by the Fields.

"Sure, I'll walk you out." I said desperate to get away from this conversation. "Thanks L for understanding what I was trying to say in there." Emily said as we got out the door.

"Em we all need a friend to lean on. Anytime you need to talk I'll be there, I promise."

"I know and actually can we talk tonight. Maybe with food involved. I know I'll be just about starving after practice." She said.

"What about the Grille? You can text me after your practice ends." I replied.

"Sure see you then."

"See you then."