two

Flashback

"Kids, we're leaving, come on!" Jeremy calls. The five children come down the stairs, almost knocking each other over. Isaac and Caleb are the first to be read, throwing their shows on and running out the door.

"They're certainly excited." Kendra comments, smiling as she walks down the stairs holding Janae. Jeremy smiles and nods.

"They love roller skating, what can you say?" Jeremy laughs.

Elise stands up with her finished perfectly tied shoe laces.
"I'm always last.." She mumbles, watching Laura skip out the door in a happy manner. Jeremy ruffles her hair and bends down. He Kays a kiss on her cheek.

"It's okay big girl. Laura amd Caleb have velcro." Jeremy whispers. Elise giggles and smiles, jumping up and pecking his cheek. Jeremy smiles and opens the door up for his little girl.

"After you my lady." He says in a British accent. Elise only giggles more as she walks out the door in a more nice manner. Kendra looks to Jeremy, a bright smile on her face.

"She's adorable." Jeremy says, as if it weren't obvious. Kendra playfully rolls her eyes ad she walks out the door.

"No need to tell anyone, she obviously adorable." Kendra says, turning around and letting Janae run quite clumsy to the car. They kiss and walk outside. Jeremy locks the door, trying to pull it open to make sure.

"ROLLER SKATE! ROLLER SKATE!" The kids chant merrily in their buckled seats. Even little Janae pumps her small fists in the air, not even understanding what this whole riot was about. The parents laugh and get in.

●●●

"Oh my gosh!" Elise squeals a she steps on to the rink. Her arms cling onto the side for her life. Isaac is ahead. He turns around and offers his hand to his little sister. Elise takes it gratefully, but still clings tightly to the wall like a magnet.

"Come on Lisey, just let go." He smiles, inching foward. Elise carefully let's her hands loosen until her hand hoovers. Isaac inches foward until both are far from the wall. A bright smile appears on Elise's face as she realizes she's much farther.

"Daddy! Mommy! Look at me!" She shrieks. Kendra and Jeremy smile, clapping for Elise to see. She smiles even wider.

"Good job Elise! I'm going to let go of your hand, so stay balanced and remember to walk normally." Isaac says, slowly pulling away. Elise nods with concentration. Isaac let's his hand slip. Elise stays still and walks cautiously.

Soon her feet are flying.

●●●

"Liking school so far?" Kendra asks as she and Elise are joyfully holding hands and skating. Elise nods rapidly and looks up in front of them.

"Yea! Math is a little bit difficult, but for the most part it's been really easy." Elise says.

"I'm glad. I don't want to make it too boring you kids."Her loving mother jokes. Elise looks at her mom and giggles.

"It's a lot of phone. And I really love reading with Laura. She just finished reading a chapter,:" Elise pauses and gazes her little sister who is hugging onto Jeremy, "I'm super proud. Laura's my best friend." Elise sighs.

"I'm knoe she is. You definitely show it when you're with her. You know, Laura feels so special, Elise, that girl most definitely loves you." Kendra says, wrapping her arms tightly around Elise.

"Thanks. Can we go to the snack bar now?" She asks with a grin. Kendra laughs and takes her hand again.

"Instead, how about we go get shakes when we head home. I'm getting tired, so go tell your siblings and dad so we can head out."

Elise nods and carefully skates her way across the rink. She tugs on Isaac's sweater.

"Come on! Mommy said we can get ice cream on the way back." Elise says excitedly. Isaac nods his head rapidly and goes to find the rest.

Elise skates back to Kendra and they head to the benches to take of their rental skates. Soon the others are coming back with large smiles on their faces. She and Kendra take of their skates and begin to put on shoes.

Jeremy hands the littlest to his wife.
"Can you watch while I take the kids to the restroom?" He asks. Kendra smiles and nods.

"Sure. Come here Jay Jay." Kendra becomes. The toddler waddled over in a clumsy mess.

"Lisey, need to go?" Jeremy asks, holding Laura small hands. She shakes her head.

"No thank you." The little girl says, tightening her shoe laces on her light up shoes.

"Okay big girl. C'mon kiddos, we're heading to the bathrooms." Jeremy says to the rambunctious children. Isaac and Caleb of course race ahead and Laura walks by her dad in a nice, peitet way.

Janae slowly let's go from Kendra's hand as her mom is picking up a soda can and tossing it in the recycling.

"Mom! Janae!" Elise shouts, looking toward her little sister. Kendra looks up and shrieks, seeing Janae is already half away across the small building.

"Elise, stay here and wait until I come back Janae!" Kendra says, her words slurred by the feeling of rushed and anxiety. The mom shoots off in a little bit slower than a sprint toward the long path her toddler has just run. She mutters frustrated words under her breath as she chases the Sketchers. For a toddler, Janae was running pretty fast, and it took a lot of Kendra's speed to grab her.

Elise sits on the bench and laughs at the chaos that is playing in front of her. She adored her little sister, epically at times like this. The little girl was wild and full of onstobbale energy. Elise sits patiently for her parents.

Kendra takes Janae's arm quite gently and pulls her back. The small child giggles while Kendra gets to scolding her.

"You are not to run off ever again, you got that?" Kendra scolds, pointing her finger at the little girl struggling in her arms. The child whimpers and pouts. "No shake for you young lady." Kendra mutters, wiping sweat form her forehead.

When she gets back, Elise is no longer sitting there. Only a pair of small roller blades are left. She furrows her eyebrows, remembering that she specifically told Elise not to run off. She never did, because the ten year old has always been well behaved.

Jeremy appears from the bathroom with three children tagging along with him. No time year old Elise in sight. Kendra bites her lip nervously.

"Was Elise with you?" She asks with a shaky fear. Jeremy shakes his head

"No. I thought she was with you?" Jeremy questions.

"She was sitting right here and then Janae ran off and I went to get her and I came back and she isn't here." Kendra says in a very fearful, rushed voice.

"Where is she then? Elise never runs off." Jeremy looks around.

As if to answer their question, a shilling scream from the front doorm