five

It was small, you see. So few gathered at the scene. A white small thing. So tiny. So painfully small. Closed by tight locks. Pink stripes on the sides. Just as she would've wanted. Beautiful pink and red roses. Layed so neatly. Bouquet of what was so important so lost and missed.

Silent mouths. Busy minds. Racing at the thought of a beautiful, smiling young girl who was lost. Such a happy soul that could've done so much.

Dark clothing. Trying the tale of a death. Tight black flats. Tight dark dresses and shirts. Heads hung low and clung to others. Children didn't run. They asked where their cousin was. They asked why they had to be dressed so neatly. They only wore such clothing for church, right?

Parents held to their children like there was no tomorrow. Because you never knew. Maybe there wasn't. The family never guessed their sweet girl wouldn't be dancing in their kitchen to her favorite song on reply again. They didn't know in a few days she'd be welcomed into the arms of heaven. They never guessed the girl with so much sprit would be dancing in the skies and clouds with warm angel wings around her body. They never guessed because they didn't want to. They never would think in a million years their little sunshine would turn into a world wide murder case.

You really never wake up and think about how your loved ones could be killed the very next day or never open their eyes the next morning. We never seems to stop and think about what could be.

Hug your family. Hug your friends. Because Elise's would have done anything for a hug. Or to hear her little voice again. Or to watch her dance to her favorite song. Just anything. Anything.

He couldn't say a thing. He couldn't read the speech he wrote. So he just cried. About the loss of his little girl. The son. He said the speech with sobs and cries. Dragged lonely fingers across the perfect wood. The children didn't speak. They didn't want to. They couldn't. The mother had to leave. She could not watch it unfold.

But as it was lowered in the yard, she knew she had to be strong. Her heels clicked softly to the ground as she hugged her husband. She watched the small thing be lowered. So carefully. A bright yellow flower dropped in by each member as they walked so gently around the hole. The smallest child of the family clung the flower. It was just too pretty. She reluctantly dropped it by the words 'it's for Lisey'. She adored her older sister. She wanted it for her.

The children fell asleep in the car. The parents just stared. Emotionless. Empty. They felt as if it was all gone.

When the father put a casserole into the oven, he looked so sadly at the many pans of pre-cooked food from members of the family.

When everyone crawled in bed, their dreams weren't there.

Because no one could sleep right without their missing girl.