Seven

"Isaac! Bet you can't catch me!"

Kendra smiled at her children as she watched from her deck. She kaugehd softly at her children running around with big smiles. The sun was bright down on them, so the children could barely see. But that didn't stop them. They played until their knees became wobbly and the kids laid on their backs on the warm trampoline. Sweat decorated their for heads as they breathed heavily. The girl closed her eyes and felt so nice with the suns rays giving them warmth.

"Laura don't you get so tanned!" Caleb laughed, smiling over at his sister. The girl giggled. Isaac smiled st the sound of laugh.

Kendra sighed happily at the sight of whe kids in full spirit. Their bodies relaxed and worry free. They were kids being kids. That's all she could ask for. Suddenly they appeared next to her. Red faced still and needing water, Caleb and Laura raced into the house in a fit of giggles over a debate on who was going win.

"We're gonna get some water." Isaac spoke before following his hyper siblings. Kendra nodded. She looked up at the clouds. She spotted the shapes. The mother silently prayed. It was so quiet. So empty outside. But it stopped when she hear a small giggle. Kendra sat up and rubbed her eyes. Was she dreaming? But once again she heard it. Her heart jumped a little I'm confusion and fear.

The mother looked in the house to find three of her kids that were once outside sitting at the table with cups of water and crackers. Kendra slowly walked down the creaky wooden steps. More white puffy clouds came out into he blue sky. The sun a was hidden a little and it got cooler. Kendra walked to behind the staircase to find what she couldn't believe.

A little brunette giggling as she threw a ball against the wall. She gasped and the little girl smiled and let the ball drop.

"Mom! Did you see my trick?!" She asks excitedly, jumping onto Kendra, hugging her tightly. Kendra could feel her warm breath on her neck. She could feel warm hands wrapped around her. She could also feel her own pounding heart.

"E-Elise." Her mouth is barely Abel to say. Elise jumped off her and mailed brightly, a slight glare on her glasses. She looked so little and so happy.

"Yea mommy?" She asks, picking the purple ball up again.

"I love you so much!" Kendra cried, hugging her again. Her mind racing with so many crazy, but beautiful and wonderful thoughts. Hugging her little precious girl again made everything stop around her. Elise was so warm. Kendra never wanted to let go. Elise let that soft, content smile appear again. She kissed her mother on the cheek again as she was let go.

"Mama I love you so much." Elise said. Kendra could only look at her beautiful girl. She couldn't yell for her kids or for Jeremy. She just felt her heart be so full and she hugged her again. Elise giggled with her sweet voice.

"Mama I have to go." Elise spoke softly, am angelic like smile the eon her happy face. Kendra's smile dropped.

"W-why?" She asked.

"I have to go home." Elise said gently, looking up.

"This is your home Lisey!" Kendra said slightly on the edge of crying. "You're home!"

"I am. But mama, I have to go to my other home," Elise says, putting her hands onto her mom's cheeks, "I've always loved you, Mommy. And I'm sorry that you'll never get to see graduate, or get married and have kids, but I'm safe Mama. I'm safe. My pains been out to rest and I'm okay. It was never your fault. And it was never any body's. It was time for me to go." The little girl whispers, kissing Kendra one more time, before pulling away and making herself walk away.

Kendra started crying as she desperately reached for her, but Elise had already gone home.

Kendra suddenly bolted up. She had been crying. She was in her bed alone and the lights off. It was dream, but deep in her heart she knew it wasn't. Kendra tried to take a breath, but it only resulted in her crying.

Elise was home, but Kendra just wanted her back in her arms.