SIX

SHE'S RUNNING INTO THE NIGHT.

Faster and faster.

And into the woods she goes

And she's got no where to hide. 

• • •

I crash into a world of shadows as I slam the door shut behind me and take off running faster than my feet can carry me. 

And run into the trees ahead, down a dirt path. 

The stars above and moon are covered by clouds leaves my world an empty pit to run from.

"Where are you?" A voice calls. 

My heartbeat in my ears I shush my breathing as my bare feet scream in pain from the earth below. 

"I know you're out here." He says, and I'm screaming. My head pounds as I move as quietly as I can, wanting to put as much distance between us as possible. 

I'm not going back into that house of horrors. He'll have to kill me. 

I hide behind a bush as he looks from left to right. 

He's holding his leg where he fell. 

Good, I'm glad that bastard is injured. He's still bleeding from where I stabbed him though it doesn't seem to have hurt him that badly. 

I step on a stick and his head whips towards me and I freeze. Motionless as his gaze sweeps over where I am. A hand clamped over my mouth to silence the sound of my breathing. I glance around at my surroundings. 

House of terror in front. A forest behind, and a road separating us. 

I look behind me. 

I didn't think this through, but I did come this far. 

I'm out, but I'm not free yet. 

"You're here shadow, I know you are. Where will go if I'm not here for you." He says and I feel my stomach twist in knots. Silent tears fall as I sit down.

He takes a step in my direction and I immediately leap up. His eyes narrow at where I am and I try to hide myself. And then those eyes find mine and without a moments thought I've junked up and am sprinting into the trees of an empty forest. 

My heart is beating so fast as I run as hard as I can. I didn't think I heard him behind me but I still don't stop. 

And it's like the sky only gets darker. 

And to top it all off, it begins to rain. It feels like spring though it's so cold. I have no idea where I am, but I don't recognize anything. 

Not that I see anyone, or anything. No cars. No houses. Not a soul. 

Its just me and him. 

And I'm shaking so hard I can't tell if it's from the cold or the fact that he could be leading me into a trap. 

He got me before and he can get me again.