Unspoken words are what cause scars

JOHN POV

" mon ami, wake up. MON AMI" Laf shouted shaking me

" what" i groaned

" you were having a night Mer and you seemed upset, plus we are going swimming today so you need to get up eventually" laf said

I groaned and got up off the rock hard bed. It cant be good for anyone to sleep on that thing. I grabbed a uv shirt and swim trunks and went in to the bathroom to get changed. I brushed my teeth and pulled my curly mop of hair in to a ponytail. I slid off my shirt looking at my disgusting scarred body for a minuet before putting on a uv shirt i slipped on my swim trunks and walked back out.

" john you took forever to change " laf sighed

" sorry" i grumbled

"Lets go" laf said and started walking

ALEX POV

" you are coming you have no choice " herc and i had been arguing for half an hour

" but the bed is soft" I whined

" the beds here are no better then wooden floors" herc rolled his eyes

" i spent the majority of my life sleeping on wooden floors and i can tell you this is a big improvement" i said

"You get weirder every time e i talk to you" herc rubbed his forehead

" get used to it" i scowled

" you are coming now go get changed" herc threw swim trunks at me

" did you did through my stuff?" I asked

" yes i did now go" he said

I grabbed a sweatshirt and walked in to the bathroom to change. I just met this man im not changing in front of him that would be so awkward. I pulled off much shirt and put on my sweatshirt quickly then i put on my shorts just as fast. I brushed my teeth and threw my hair in to a bun, i walked out in just a few minuets to 3 people in my dorm not 1.

" wow you take like a third of the time that this idiot takes" laf said with a strong accent

Everyone laughed except john who looked annoyed.

" lets go" herc shouted and ran out the door

We all ran off campus i had too run at full speed to keep up with them. Curse my tiny legs. Wee deed up at some little hidden cove.

" the sisters are going to meet us here in a little bit" herc said

" week lets go in" laf said pulling off his shit

Hercules i just noticed was never wearing a shirt in the first place, interesting choice. John was wearing a uv shirt so he didn't have to take his off. I pulled off my sweatshirt and put it on one of the rocks. I turned around and saw three pairs of eyes on me. Shit i have scars, a lot of them what should i say this is, really awkward. We stood their in awkward silence for a few seconds before herc went and jumped in to the water. We all followed and luckily no one said anything about scars. This could not get anymore awkward. I wonder if they could tell who or what they were from.

JOHN POV

He seems self conscious about the scars. Why wouldn't he just say he didn't want to swim or wear a uv shirt like me? Did he not have one and herc forced him to come? Did he forget

in the rush of getting ready? He had some similar scars to me, who would do that to him. Some of them are different, some of them are new, some-some of those he-he put those there himself. Why wold he do that? What would make him feel the need to do that. Or maybe who? I hope laf and herc just stay silent. They have brains somewhere in there right? Right? I saw a flash of movement then heard a splash. Great way to break that tension herc, totally the best way to do that. We all ran after him and jumped in because of a lack of something better to do in this situation. The water was nice it always was, there were never waves over two feet in this place and almost no one can ever find it so it was just the four of us for now until the Schuyler's get here. Once they get here it will be the seven of us. We always joke that each one of us could marry a Schuyler sister. Peggy and I, angelica and laf, and herc and eliza. I guess we need to stop making that joke if alex is going to be in the group now. Which is good i guess because peggy is secretly gay and im the only one who knows.