Chapter Six

At first, I'm shocked. Completely frozen. When his lips move to deepen the kiss, my eyes flutter closed and I melt into it, wrapping my arms around his waist and kissing him back.

    He smirks against my lips and gently pushes me until my back is on the wall, still kissing me. I pull away to suck air in to my lungs. He watches me, his eyes glazed over in lust and his lips swollen from the kiss. I grab him by the collar of his shirt and pull his body flush against mine, touching my lips against his softly before claiming his mouth again. He pushes his tongue against my lips, asking for entry and I comply, opening my mouth and touch his tongue with mine. He unbuttons my jacket, moving it off my frame and tossing it aside.

    When I go to tug his shirt off, he pulls away, helping me and then pinning my arms above my head with one of his hands, using the other one to caress the curve of my hip. He moves his lips against the tender skin of my neck, right above my collarbone, causing me to sigh in pleasure. He trails kisses up my neck until he meets my lips again, letting my arms go. I take the chance to run my fingers through his soft sandy blonde hair, lightly tugging on the smooth tresses, earning a low groan from the back of his throat.

    Almost as if a switch was flipped, my eyes snap open and I remember I'm kissing the officer in charge of Amelia's case, causing me to stop dead in my tracks. My breathing is hard, almost panting, as I stop his hands and pull away from him.

    "W-wait! Hold on." I gasp out, trying to regain my posture.

    "What's wrong?" Ben asks, gently rubbing my arms up and down slowly.

    "We can't."

    "Why not?"

    Because you're the enemy.

    "Because! Because... The age gap. The age gap you were talking about. Doesn't that still bother you?" I ask, searching his face.

    He flashes me a lopsided grin, a dimple I didn't notice before popping up on his left cheek. "I don't care about the age difference anymore. You drive me wild, Scarlet. You've been stuck in my head for weeks now! Your curly black hair, your hazel eyes that look at everything in a question, your plump little lips, your body and the way you carry yourself, your strong personality, and your voice. I've been thinking of it all."

    I feel a wave of emotions I can't even describe and look around the room, avoiding his gaze, trying to find another reason to stop things from progressing to the bedroom.

    "What about the case?"

    "The case?"

    "Yeah. You're the officer in charge of working my case. Isn't it against the rules to become romantically involved with the victim or suspect or whatever?" I ask, placing my hands against his chest.

    He sighs. "Yeah. That's right." He tugs  his bottom lip with his teeth before he looks at me and smiles, nodding his head. "We can still be together. Nobody would know about us until after the case is closed."

    I look up at him exasperated.

    You've got to be kidding me! Lust makes men do crazy things. But wait... If he likes me, if I do this, then all suspicion towards me goes away. I can get away with it!

    A smile tugs on my lips.

    "Okay." I say gently.

    "Okay?" Ben asks, tilting his head.

    "Okay, let's do this. Let's see each other in secret; at least until the investigation ends, and then we can be public about it."

    He breaks out into a grin, his face lighting up. He picks me up, causing me to wrap my legs around his waist on instinct. He looks at me softly before placing a chaste kiss on my lips. I kiss him back, my eyes open, and mentally give myself a high five.

    Ben puts me back down on my own feet and strips me out of my blouse and tank top, leaving me in my bra and jeans. I pull him by the loops of his pants, lightly biting the skin of his chest and guiding him over to my room. I kick off my shoes and shove him onto the bed, climbing up and straddling him. He grabs me by my hips and leans up to kiss me again, but I stop him by placing a hand on his chest.

    I tug his pants off and slip my jeans down my legs, smirking at the hunger gleaming in his eyes. I go to straddle him again, but he flips me over, switching our positions and pinning me down, biting my bottom lip teasingly.

    My body heats up.

    And he takes me.