Chapter Seven

The next morning, I wake up with an arm draped across my abdomen and a noticeable ache between my legs.

    I gently move his arm off of me and gingerly crawl out of bed, walking to my bathroom without bothering to cover my naked figure. I flinch against the brightness of the light turning on. When I adjust fully, I look in the mirror and my jaw drops. My skin is littered with hickeys, bite marks, bruises, and scratches. They stare back at me, all but announcing what happened the night before and mocking me.

    Shit. He could've been a little more careful! This is ridiculous. How am I going to cover all of that?

    I softly groan in frustration and trudge back to my room, going back to bed to sleep for a few more hours.

    The next time I wake up, my bed is empty, there's a note on the pillow, and the scent of something delicious is wafting through the air. I yawn and stretch, blinking away the last of the sleep. Upon reading the note, I find out that Ben left for work, made me breakfast, and claims he'll be back later for a 'stay at home date night'. I grunt and toss the note aside, getting up from bed and padding to my bathroom for a shower. The hot water wakes me up fully and soothes my muscles, making me feel relaxed. After I towel off and get some comfortable clothes on, I go to the kitchen and find the food Ben made for me.

    Sitting under a hot light, to keep it warm, is a plate of bacon and sausage patties, homemade French toast, a variety bowl of fruit, and a glass of orange juice.

    With an eyebrow quirked up, I pad over to my fridge and open it, seeing that it's fully stocked. The same goes for my freezer and all my cabinets.

    Did he seriously restock my entire kitchen?

    I dismiss it with a shrug.

    Oh well, I'm not complaining.

    I take everything over to my kitchen table, sitting down and digging in. The flavor bursts on my taste buds and my eyes widen in surprise. After a moment, I continue eating, the food being the best tasting thing I've had in months. I pause to gulp down some juice.

    Who would've thought that the fuzz could cook?

    I wolf down the rest of the food and then clear the dishes, washing them off in the sink and then placing them in the dishwasher. Taking a look around, I notice that my house is a wreck. Scrunching my nose in disgust, I start wiping my counters off with warm soapy water and a rag, moving on to my table and then my stove. After I get those cleaned, I grab a duster and start getting rid of the dust and cobwebs that occupy the tops of my cabinets, fridge, and corners of my ceiling, having a mini freak out when a spider falls onto my arm.

    After I finish the kitchen, I move on to the living room and so forth. I did a good few hours cleaning my house. Once I'm done, I collapse on my couch, exhausted.

    "That's the most work I've done in a while." I breathe out.

    I stretch out and then relax my muscles, briefly closing my eyes. The next thing I know, I jolt awake at the sound of a pounding knock at my front door. I squint and look around the room in a daze before getting up and going to answer the door. Low and behold, there's Ben, standing there with his arms behind his back and a cheeky grin on his face. I blink at him, once. Twice. Then I remember the note he left for me this morning. Ruffling my hair, I wave him inside and then go back over to my spot on the couch where it is still pleasantly warm.

    "How are you?" he asks, placing a kiss on my temple.

    "I'm good. You woke me up."

    He chuckles. "I'm sorry. What were you doing to make you so tired?" He places a few bags on the table in front of the couch after moving them from behind his back.

    "I cleaned the whole house."

    "Aw. And I was beginning to enjoy the messiness." he teases, taking some styrofoam boxes out of the bags as the smell of rice and chicken greets my nose.

    Mmm... Chinese takeout.

    My tummy rumbles and Ben looks at me surprised before busting out in laughter.

    "Oh, shut up." I grumble, snatching up an egg roll and biting into it.

    He just smirks and starts eating his food, Low Mein, I think, while I eat my orange chicken.

    I wonder how he knew I like spicy food. I think, looking at him curiously.

    After eating for a bit, Ben gets up and puts a movie on, coming back over to sit with me and finish eating. I curl into his side and watch the movie with him.

    Even though this is just an act, I don't mind doing this. It's comfortable. 'Date nights' are pretty nice.