Chapter 7

A/N:
I want to dedicate this chapter to all of my followers!! Thank you for your support!!!

(Maxon's POV)

I go to bed that night with the biggest smile on my face. I honestly thought she was going to reject me as she said she only wanted to be 'friends.' I hope I can convince her otherwise. When I wake up the next morning, it's way earlier than usual. I think I'm overly excited. I dress in my best clothes, and slick my hair back. I have to say, I think I look very nice. But of course, mood spoiler.. I have 3 meetings to go to before my date. Ugh. They are going to go sooo slow. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to deal with it. I head down to my first meeting and prepare for the dullness. But when I get there, I'm shocked. My father stands by himself.
"What happened?" I asked.
"I cancelled the meeting. I felt this meeting was unnecessary anyway." My jaw dropped in shock. He never cancelled the meetings! He must be in a really good mood or something.
"So I can, um, do what I want?"
"Yup. I didn't cancel any other meetings but I feel that you don't have to go to them. It's not our regular meeting anyway, it's just a discussion of our employment. And plus, I think you should spend more time with the girls today." He says. My father must be in a really good mood if he's willing to let me skip the meetings. I was feeling so good that I actually decided to go to the Ladies' Room. There's only 5 girls there, not including America. I try to hide my disappointment at this fact but luckily nobody seems to notice I arrived yet. Wait-I take that back.
"Do you want to have a date today?" Celeste purrs at me.
"Um, I can't, I'm busy." I respond. I don't even bother apologizing. She disgusts me.
"Oh, that's a shame. But then why are you here?"
"I figured I'd step in to have breakfast with you girls." I say. I try to walk away but she steps in front of me.
"Can you sit near me?" She asks. Ugh, I don't like Celeste. She's so rude and demanding. I don't think she'd ever be a good queen.
"I have to sit near my parents." This time I forcefully move her out of the way and step toward my table. My mother soon appears and we become deep in conversation.
"How do you like the girls so far?"
"They're great! I like them so far." I tell her.
"When are you going to make another elimination?" She asks. I gawk at her. It's only the second day, I've already eliminated 8 girls yesterday, and she wants me to eliminate more?
"MOM!" I almost yell. Luckily I didn't as I realized there were girls here.
"I'd just feel, I don't know, more comfortable with less girls here. So I can get to know them better."
"Serio-" But I'm cut off as I hear the alarms go off for the rebels.
"Get to the safe room immediately!" I yell to the girls. I don't have to tell them twice as they are already running toward the room. I have to go get the other girls, but then I think-AMERICA! I sprint to her room and burst the door open. Apparently her maids weren't here and she was still asleep.
"America, America! GET UP!" She groans slightly and looks up. Then her eyes widen at the fact that I'm here.
"Wh-"
"Just get up!! There's rebels!!!" As soon as I say rebels, America jumps out of her bed and looks at me for direction.
"Where to?" She asks.
"Follow me!!! We get to the safe room just in time as I start to hear the rebels yelling. I can see that the rest of the girls have arrived. I'm relived- I didn't want anyone to get hurt. Then I think to myself. We are likely to be in here for awhile, so America and I won't be able to have our date on time. I'll ask her if we can have it after dinner later. But for now, I have to comfort the girls who are having nervous breakdowns. Ugh.

(9 Hours Later)
My mom shakes me awake and says,
"The rebels are gone!" I feel relief swim through me.
"Wait.. was I asleep?" My mom grins and says,
"Yes, I could tell you were exhausted though. So I brought you to your bed. You slept all day. We already had dinner."
"WHAT?!?" I bolt out of my room to go find America. We have a date we need to make up. I find her in her room, playing cards with her maids. I ask her maids to leave, and then shyly ask,
"So, do you want to make up our date?" America looks happy and says,
"Definitely! Should we stay here or go to the garden?" I think about it.
"I think I want to stay here, if you want. It's just, the rebels earlier, well, I just don't want to go outside right now."
"Ok!" She smiles and we walk out to the balcony near her room.
"How was your day? Besides the rebel attack, I mean." I ask her.
"Oh, the usual. I talked with people, mostly Marlee, then played cards with my maids, then went out for a lesson with Silvia, then came back and gossiped with my maids... ya know.." I smile at her. Gosh, I really love her.
"How was yours?" She asked.
"Well, apparently I slept through it all." She laughs and stares out the window. Then she sighs.
"What are you thinking about?" I ask.
"Everything, I guess. My life at home, my life at the palace, the beautiful fresh smell of the outside..." She looks into my eyes and then looks away.
"You'd make a great queen," I say honestly.
"Do you really think so?"
"I do." She smiles at me again. We talk for the rest of the night, about her life, about mine. Soon it becomes so late that I regretfully tell her I have to leave.
"I had a great time, America. Honestly, we should do this again."
"Really? I would love to. I would like to go in the gardens next time, though." I sigh contently. I hug her, which takes her by surprise, and then leave. I must be smiling like an oaf when I get to my parents' bedroom to say goodnight, as my dad says,
"Wow, I can tell you're in a good mood." He says it nicely, not harshly.
"Yeah, I just had the best night of my life." I state.
"What did you do?" My mother asks.
"I had a date with America." I say.
My parents gasp and then they look proud.
"It's your first date, Maxon!! I'm so proud." My father says. I blush.
"Good night, mom and dad."
"Good night, Maxon," they say. I head to my room and change into my night clothes. It really truly was the best day of my life. I look forward to seeing America tomorrow. I fall asleep with a smile that's a mile wide on my face.

I tried to make that chapter a little longer for you guys as a treat for Valentine's Day!!! Since it is Valentine's Day tomorrow, I think I'm going to make the next chapter a more romantic chapter. What do you guys think??