PART ONE: ONE

"You look hot." Zeke commented on my dress, it was red and long and satin, my blonde hair was curled and down my back, my face bronzed and glowy. I felt good but so out of my comfort zone. "Tate keeps staring at you." He chuckled, handing me a drink. Tate Winter, T-Dubs as the team called him, was your stereotypical quarterback. Super attractive. Way too good for everyone else and a total douchebag. He was smart and a good guy, don't get me wrong. But he really loved himself.

"He's just surprised I have boobs and don't always wear t-shirts and spandex." I snorted. "He told my mom this morning that he wouldn't be surprised if I showed up in my volleyball uniform. I considered it. Just for shits and giggles." I smirked and Zeke laughed. Tate also was my mom's latest charity case. The kids family was loaded. But, he lacked attention. My mom took him in last summer and he's lived in our basement ever since. My brothers old room. "He'll give me shit about it later."

"He likes you."

"He doesn't."

"He talks about random shit you do all the time. Even when it doesn't pertain to the conversation. We could be talking about Tony Romo and he'll say something like 'Ari made some bomb ass brownies last night.'" Zeke laughed but I just rolled my eyes. Zeke was one of Tate's best friends, and mine. He was the star running back, best in Massachusetts if you asked me.

"My brownies are bomb ass and you fucking know it, Z." I retorted and he grinned, tapping my nose. "I gotta get home, Mom's got the night shift and I'm on baby duty."

"I thought it was Tate's night?" He furrowed his eyebrows and I snorted.

"You really think he'd take prom night? He paid me 50 bucks to take him." I handed the drink back to him and hugged him quickly after he asked some girl to take a picture of us. "Have a good night, get him home safely."

I was home within 20 minutes and my mom was rushing out the door. "He's in his crib. He won't go to sleep but I tried. Have a good night, there are cookies on the counter. Behave and don't let Tate break anything when he comes in." I nodded while she kissed my cheek and ran out with a quick exchange of "love you's".

"My little Teagan." I cooed when I finally got into his room. I had changed into one of Tate's old t-shirts he had left in the laundry room and a fair of fuzzy socks. Teagan was 2, blue eyes and blonde curls. The sweetest thing I've ever known. He giggled a lot. Especially when he was tired. "It's bed time, bud."

"No bed." He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. I smiled, knowing he was only doing this to bother me. "Story," he pointed to his shelf and I nodded, lifting him from his bed and set him on the carpet. I grabbed one of his little books, one he had me read every night. "Where Tate?" He frowned. "No Tate?"