PART ONE: THREE

T-DUBS @tatewinter
I don't want to say goodbye to my best friend yet

T-DUBS @tatewinterI don't want to say goodbye to my best friend yet

He took me on a date.

Tate fucking Winter took me on a date.

He told me it was just a goodbye dinner. Which is was. But he kissed me in public and held my hand. He told me he wasn't ready to give me up. We fucked in the bathroom before our food came out.

It felt really normal to be with him on a date. He was sweet and funny. He still flirted with the waitress and she put her number on the bill. He laughed and I threw it in the trash for him. She wasn't that fucking cute.

He parked his car at the park and we just talked. He left next week, I left the next. We didn't have a lot of time. "I'm never gonna find a girl like you, am I?"

"Absolutely not." I shook my head and he smiled at me, something really dazzling in his eyes. "I'm one of a kind."

"You better mail me brownies and shit. I'm gonna miss my cheat days with you." He placed his hand on mine and I wrapped my fingers around his. "And tell me about all the hot girls in California. Even the ones who are average. They're hot because they're from California." I shook my head and laughed softly, already knowing I'm going to miss his humor. "Send me pictures of you at the Hollywood sign and tell me if you miss me. I mean, me. Not being in bed with me. FaceTime at least once a week, ok? I gotta see this face. Send nudes, if you're feeling frisky. Don't kiss a boy on the first date and make sure he's good enough for you before you even think about him. Don't fucking settle, baby, don't ever settle. You deserve the fucking world. Don't have high expectations for any other guy in bed. Most guys don't care about you in bed. They get what they want and are done. Don't let that happen. Make sure he cares about your pleasure too. And for the love of fucking all things good and pure and holy, don't drop out just because you have a B in a class."

"You know me so well, Tate Winter." I giggled and kissed the back of his hand. My turn. "Don't forget sunscreen at the beginning of the season. Don't date a girl that's been around too much. If the team knows her, don't date her. Make sure she can at least make a decent dinner. Go easy on her in bed. You're so used to me letting you do whatever you want, you may have forgotten that some girls don't like being gagged. Some don't like the choking, the spanking, the back entry-"

"Ok, now you're just talking nonsense, baby. What kind of fun is that?" He huffed and I grinned at his cute pout.

"Don't forget that you can always call me. Don't forget that I'm always your fake girlfriend if you need a girl to leave you alone. Don't forget that I will fly wherever you want me to. I'll always be your girl. You'll always be my first. I'll always want you with me."

"We're some sappy fucks, aren't we?" He scoffed playfully and I nodded, letting him catch the tear under my eye. "You're gonna do something wonderful one day, Ari. And I can't wait to watch it."

"You mean the world to me, Winter."

"Back at you, Davis." He squeezed my hand and we both let out loud sighs. "Can we bang in the back seat now?"

"Absolutely."

---

"So..." Tate cleared his throat, looking over at me with a sad eyes and swollen lips. "2 more days."

"2 more days." I nodded, affirming the crude truth.

"Go for a swim with me." He mumbled, standing from my bed. He held out his head and I took it without hesitation. We went downstairs, as quietly as possible. He helped me out of my t-shirt and shorts and slid off his sweats before he jumped in before me. I followed after him and swam to the deep end of the pool.

Tate was behind me, his hands wrapping around my waist to spin around. "I wanna redo that night. I was unsure of you and I and you looked so beautiful. I don't want that memory in your head anymore. It was bad."

"It wasn't bad, Tate. I loved it. The way it felt to be with you for the first time was better than I could ever picture. I chose you. I wanted to be with you."

"Do you still want to be with me?" He asked lowly, wrapping my thighs around his waist. "After knowing me? After all the shit I've said to you?"

"You could do it all again and I'd still want to be. That doesn't change the fact that we're both leaving. You'll find your thing and I'll find mine." I kissed his cheeks and he frowned. "You'll always be the comparison."

"Fuck that. You'll find someone better. Someone who can give you everything."

"I already have everything."

"Then you need more. You deserve more, Ari. So much more than a meat head trying to get into the big leagues." He chuckled and I smiled, placing my hands on his face. "Don't expect this often, baby cakes, but I fucking love you."

"I love you more, Tate Winter."