PART TWO

"In the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Giants pick number 22, Quarterback Tate Winter from University of South Carolina

"In the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Giants pick number 22, Quarterback Tate Winter from University of South Carolina." 14th. He was the 14th pick. He was silent. He didn't move. He held the phone to his ear while my Mom let out tears and rubbed his arm. The camera tried to capture his reaction, he closed his eyes and tilted his head up. He turned his head and looked at me. I smiled at him, placing my hand on his face before pulling him forward into a kiss. "The fucking Giants." He mumbled and I nodded, proudly. "New York."

"Yea, baby." I laid my head on his shoulder and he kissed my head before standing up, taking my hand. He took me outside, into the garden my mom had started when we both left. It was blossoming and one of my favorite places. He sat on a bench, just next to the rose bushes and I sat next to him. "It's over, huh?"

"Ari, the last 4 years, its been hard being away from you. So damn hard. We did really good, we saw each other, we talked, we went on trips. It's been the best 4 years of my life. I love you. I really love you. But, New York, it's not the same."

"I understand, Tate." I smiled small, taking his hand. "I'm so proud of you, ya know?"

"I'm proud of you." He smiled, kissing the back of my hand. "Have you applied to grad schools?"

"A few." I nodded. "It's just been hard. I kind of want to come back to Boston with my Mom. But, I really liked California."

"California really liked you." He chuckled, smirking at me. "I mean, you got a modeling job the second you walked in to the state. Do you know how fun it was to tell the team my girl was a model?" He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I let out a low laugh. "Will you make me a deal?"

"Depends. I still say no to being tied up. It's just not my thing, I get freaked out."

"Ok, ouch. Thanks for bursting that fantasy." He rolled his eyes playfully and I giggled. "No, I was going to say that if in 5 years, neither of us have found someone, we'd try again."

"Ok," I nodded. "5 years is a long time."

"I know. It gives you time to find someone worth your time and finish school."

"I'm always going to love you, Tate Winter."

"I'm always going to love you more, Ariana Davis."