Chapter One

You huffed up the mountain, agitated. Why did you have to climb this stupid mountain anyway??? It was hot, boring, and an agonizingly short incline. Your f/c shirt was starting to get soaked in the back with sweat from climbing in the humidity, and your tight-fit jeans may not have been the best choice to go hiking in.

You sign and look up at the mid-day sun. You hadn't eaten breakfast this morning, and it was starting to take a toll. You gulped down some water from your water bottle, (at least you came prepared for that) and trudged up the mountain, following your class.

You were suddenly distracted by a gaping hole in the side of the mountain.

Glancing back at your class once, you head over to see what the hole was. It wasn't like they were going to notice you missing anyway. It wasn't long before you scrabbled over to where the hole was, looking down into the never ending abyss.

You gasped as you realized it never seemed to end. But, into the darkness, you noticed something. It almost seemed as if...
It was code. Code and splotches.

You stood there for a minute as you took it in.
"What could possibly be down there...?" you mumble.

Deciding to get a better look, you step closer to the rim of the massive hole.

And that's when you realize the tangle of roots beneath your feet.

243 words.