Chapter Three

After a while of sitting there, you got immensely bored. That skeleton thing hadn't returned yet, and you were starting to wonder if they even would. Your questions, and boredness, were answered by a swishing sound-not at all like the static you had heard when that thing left. There was a thick line of paint that hovered in the air, and through it walked another skeleton. Though, not half as scary as the other. In fact, this one looked kind. His face was turned and all you could see was his back. He had a long scarf wrapped around his neck, and when he did turn to you, it felt like every possible shade of gray was splattered across him. He was like a monochrome rainbow.

"-Oh! You must be Y/n. Error told me someone had fallen into Mt. Ebott."

His voice was soft, and had a kind of tingle to it, like a bell. You didn't realize you were staring until he gave you a quizzical look.

"Um, hello?" he asked, waving a bony hand at you.

"O-oh, yeah, hi." You managed to muster. He didn't seem anything like the other skeleton that had caught you, but something about the two just felt the same...

That was when the other skeleton walked through the paint stroke, a scowl on his face. "You need to destroy this kid, Ink. She's a glitch and you know it. This is why you should never leave an AU half-finished like this." he stated matter-of-a-factly. Wait. Destroy?

"N-no! Please don't kill me!" you squeaked out. You were NOT going to die today, not like this. Not in some deep, damp hole. And definitely not with so many unanswered questions.

The kinder-looking one, Ink, gave you a look of sympathy. "We won't!"

"...yet..." added the other, Error, smugly. Ink pouted at him."Error, don't be like that!" You found yourself thinking warmly of the skeleton. He was so full of, well, color isn't the word, but light. Something about him made the dimly lit hole shine, in his child-like ways.

Wait, what were you thinking? These skeletons were trying to kill you! 

You squirmed around in the strings. They were almost sticky, like a spiderweb. And even if you could get out of them, how would you get away without them noticing or catching you?

Error scoffed as he watched your pitiful attempts. "Ink, looK, it's sCared." he said. Ink turned to you again. "Oh, that can't do! What is your name, human?"

"Y/n." You and Error answered at the same time. Error gave you a glare.

"Well then, Y/n, I'm Ink and this is Error!" he gave you a smile. You let go of the breath that you didn't you were holding.

Why was I so tense? 

"S-so, um, can you let me go...?" you asked Ink quietly. Unfortunately, Error was the one to respond. He let out his distorted, sinister chuckle.

"Oh, fAr froM it. In faCt, I don't thInyou'll EVER be goiNg home."

501 Words