Chapter Five

Ink took your hand and helped you up from the sticky strings. His eyes were two different hues and shapes, and it was sort of addicting to watch them change whenever he blinked. Error scoffed and left through a new tear in the fabric of reality, or whatever he did when he did that.

"What's his deal...?" you ask. Ink sighs.

"He's been through a lot. I think bringing you in is gonna open some old wounds. But don't worry about it! It'll be good for him, anyway." Ink brushed off your question without a second thought. Taking out what must have been the biggest paintbrush you'd ever seen, he made a splash of paint on the strings beneath your feet. He hadn't warned you of this, so naturally, you screamed.

You continued to do said screaming, shrieking like a banshee with your eyes closed, until you realized you were no longer falling. Opening one eye and then the other, you looked around in awe at thousands upon millions of small papers floating in the sky. You looked up and saw Ink fall through a paper that you guessed you also exited from.

"Are you okay?! Sorry, I forgot to tell you about the Doodle Sphere..." he mumbled, smiling apologetically. You laughed, a tinge of nervousness in your tone. "Don't worry about it!" you said. It was near impossible for you to voice your worries around him.

Taking in your surroundings, you stared at the pieces of paper. You were floating, suspended by nothing. Reaching out to a nearby sheet, you struggled to grab onto it. When you finally got a hold of it, all it said was one word.

"Aftertale...?" you mumble. Ink hastily takes the paper from your hands. "Ah! Please be careful with that one. It's very fragile." said the skeleton. You found that all papers had some variation of that name - Underfell, Outertale, Underswap...

"It's really nice, right?" said Ink. You had almost forgotten the skeleton was there. The monochrome faded background contrasted against the white of his skull and the black of the paint. You nodded breathlessly. He grinned.

"Welcome to the Doodle Sphere!"

361 Words