Chapter Two

You screamed.
Hard.
And screamed, and screamed...
Until there was no scream left in you.

It seemed like this pitch black nothingness would never end, it would just keep going... And going... Until you passed out or died of starvation or something. You didn't really have the time to think about it.

But you did look up and see a small pin point of gray where the sky must've been. It seemed like a speck of dust, you had been falling for so long. Was it never going to end? were you just going to keep falling forever? Was that what that code had been about? Why was it there anyway?

Your mind was a jumble of terror, confusion and contradicting thoughts when you saw the bottom.

It looked like it was covered in light gray strings, though you knew they were probably not gray. 'Blue' was the color most people seemed to see when you saw this shade of gray. Blue strings? Or gray strings? Or some other color strings?

But the thought of what color they could be was quickly dismissed when you realized how fast-and hard-you were going to those strings. 

There you have it folks, you thought sarcastically, Y/n, 16, killed by falling on strings in a mysterious hole.

You shut your eyes tight, fully prepared to hit the strings with a sickening thwack, when all of the sudden the falling stopped.

And not in the, I just fell on something really hard kind of way, but the, someone caught me when I was falling kind of way. Which, fortunately, was exactly what happened. You opened your eyes to see a black, glitched skeleton looking at you with disgust. His distorted gray eyes bore into you, and he had what looked like tear marks running down his face, the same color as the strings beneath you.

"DisguSting." he spoke, dropping you. You fell with a soft plop onto the tangled web of strings beneath you.

"This is why i tolD Ink to destroy this hAlf-finishEd AU," he grumbled, looking down at you. "StAte your naMe."

"Y-Y/n." you stutter, utterly confused. Who was this skeleton?? Why was he here?? Why did he look so weird??

He scoffed and rolled the pricks in his eye sockets. "StaY hEre." he growled, and then let out a chuckle. An odd, distorted, almost scary sounding thing. "Not thAt you Could gO anYwhere."

He snapped his fingers, and a glitch seemed to tear open a hole in the air. You sat there, gaping, as he walked through it an it closed up again behind him.

Left to you down thoughts, you ran over everything in your head. Saw a hole, fell down it, never seemed to end, saw strings at the bottom, a glitched skeleton caught you, dropped you in the strings, said something about destroying an AU (whatever that means), and left through a rip in the air.

Wow.

What an eventful day.

475 Words