Chapter 14: Aftermath

After a week in hospital with Endean by her side, Lyra was free to get out and go home. When she got into Endean's car she was instantly comforted by the smell of fresh timber making its way through her nose. As Endean drove, one hand was on the steering wheel and one wrapped around Lyra's hand.

'Aw, the good old days of me driving you places. I missed it'

'So, did I' She smiled

'I guess being apart wasn't something our bodies could handle' Endean looked down.

'I know I can't go through being without you again' Lyra had a tear in her eye but forgot when Endean drove past her house 'I guess you forgot the way to my house in the time we were apart'

'Oh no. I trust me. I haven't forgotten, it's just that, we aren't going home just yet'

'Endean. You know I don't like surprises'

'I know you don't but does mean I'm not going to obey?'

'You're a pain sometimes, you know?' Lyra started as she saw Endean pulled into a park. 'What's so important that you have to bring me to a crappy old abandoned park for?'

'Well leave that to me' He got out of the car, walked over to Lyra's door, opened it and reached out his hand 'Shall we?'

'Fine' She grabbed his hand and smiled as they walked over to the dodgy old, faded yellow playset. They walked over to the swings, Lyra sitting on the adult seat and Endean on the baby seat

'My butt doesn't fit in this thing' Lyra laughed and looked at the metal railing holding the swings up. Carved in big letters it said:

Lyra Rose Haigh, will you marry me?

Lyra looked down from the bar and back at Endean, who was kneeled in front of her.

'What do you say?' He grinned 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yass! Last chapter is complete! I will be adding in Fern's story as well :) 

Hope you enjoy it! xx