Chapter Seventeen

Finn's kiss is everything I remember, probably more. He's not so tentative this time, his lips firmer but still tender, moving gently, moulding and parting mine, so our tongues can tangle. His hands move to span my rib cage and his thumbs stroke the undersides of my breasts. Just that gentle touch has my tummy flipping and my legs weakening. I really am back in the bliss of a Finn kiss.

When he lifts his head, I feel a pang of disappointment and I open my eyes to see him watching me carefully.

"You're not going to bolt are you?"

I smile, moving my hands up to fist lightly in his hair.

"I think we're kind of past that, don't you?" I have to tilt my head to meet his eyes and he shifts his hands to link them at my waist.

He kisses my nose. "I do. I never know with you though."

"Because I'm a fucking whack job?"

He grins and kisses my nose again. "There is that aspect yes. I never know when prickly Mrs Tiggiewinkle will surface either."

I smile and glance around the room and then back at him. I can feel the evidence of his arousal very firmly against my tummy. My own arousal has become a steady thrum at my core. There must be a question in my eyes, but he shakes his head slightly.

"I think you deserve better than a quickie amongst the paint pots, don't you?"

No actually. That would be fine. Really fine. I don't say that obviously and try and hide a twinge of disappointment. He's probably right, but carpe diem and all that. I move my hands to clasp his arms, stroking the soft skin of his biceps beneath the cotton sleeves of his T-shirt.

"So what now?" I hope I don't sound too desperate.

"Well." He bends and nuzzles my neck. "We'll finish what I brought you here to do, go and collect Will and then I'll go and have an ice bath or something. I think then I should take you out. Don't you? You know...on a date? " He winks. "I don't want you to think it's all about the sex."

I laugh softly and reach up to kiss him. "That sounds a good plan." He groans against my lips before shifting and bending to pick up the brochure.

"Sooo...back to these tiles." I take the brochure and flick through until I find the grey tiles he suggested earlier. He wraps his forearm around my shoulders and pulls me back against him, nuzzling my neck as I study the page.

"They're lovely. Grey is a bit safe don't you think?" I nudge him and he looks up a little distractedly.

"Mmm?"

"They do them in amethyst too."

"That's pink, Maddie."

"It's amethyst, colour snob. They do matching wallpaper and bedding too. You could still have grey walls or maybe one wall in amethyst as a feature wall." He takes the brochure from me with his free hand and I lean back against him, wrapping my hands around the arm across my shoulders.

He studies it carefully. "You really like it?"

"I do." His arm is tanned compared to my pale hand. How is he tanned in March? I drag my thoughts back to the matter at hand.

"You could have silver and amethyst cushions and different textures on the bed and make it all sumptuous and sexy."

"Maddie! Have some fucking mercy will you."

I laugh softly again.

"What? I just think if there is one room to be slightly more adventurous..."