GONE

Chapter 4

Annie watched as Maia entered the pack house and ran into Caden’s arms. Few tears rolled down her eyes when she saw Caden’s breathtaking smile as he looked down at his chosen with so much adoration and love. Swiftly, she wiped her tears away and smiled sadly at them. Maybe her mate or now more specifically ex-mate was happy. That meant only one thing; she had to leave now. The last strand of hope was gone and she realized it was the time to move on which was only possible if death embraced her. She hugged herself tightly and pulled away from the window. Her mind went back to Cole who was gone for more than ten hours by now and she was waiting for him to come back. She couldn’t leave without saying her goodbye to her first friend.

Caden could feel a soft gaze on him and his chosen and knew it was her, Annie, the girl who was giving him hell without doing anything. He looked down at Maia and her child. Yes, her child. The baby girl she had wasn’t Caden’s. He knew as soon as she entered because his wolf and he, they didn’t feel any connection with the baby.

“Where were you? Why didn’t you contact me? Did he hurt you?” Caden cupped Maia’s face, concern dripping through his voice.

Maia shook her head,
“He changed, Cade. Initially he was violent but when he came to know about baby, he changed, that’s why he took me away. First few days were hard but we made it through.” Maia’s voice held longing.

“You fell for him.” Caden realized as his heart dropped.

“It was supposed to happen, Cade. Mate bond is stronger than anything.” Maia smiled sadly at him.

She was hurt after her mate’s Michael’s accident. Their little girl Rosie lost her father. When she got Caden’s call, she knew maybe moon goddess gave her second chance. Even though Michael was her mate, Caden was her best friend, her first kiss, first love and everything.

“But he is gone now.” Caden’s thoughts were twisted, “You need me.”

“I know, Cade, I need you because I love you. I can’t live alone, I can’t do this alone.” Maia smiled at him through glassy eyes.

That’s all Caden needed as he embraced her in his strong hold unaware of his destined mate who was feeling excruciating pain.

It was evening now and Annie hadn’t left her room. She didn’t want to face anyone; she didn’t want anyone to know that she was hurting. She even asked Charlotte to leave her alone for few hours. The only person she was waiting for was Cole because she had to leave. Next day, Alpha Ryan would come and take her; she had to flee before that. She couldn’t keep it in her anymore. But her train of thoughts was broken when somebody pounded on her door. She got up slowly and opened the door. A warrior names, Elliot was standing there,

“Alpha has asked you to come down. There are some people who need to see you.” He looked scared a bit and that’s when Annie’s heartbeats increased.

They were here, they were early. Now she couldn’t escape, she had to face everyone. She hoped that Cole was here to support her to tell her that he wouldn’t let them hurt her but as usual her wish had no meanings now. But she stumbled back when Charlotte hugged her tightly sniffling in her neck,

“They are talking nonsense, Annie. Caden is giving you away.” She cried.

Annie wanted to cry as well but she held herself, controlled her emotions and pulled away from Char,

“I don’t know what to say but believe me, I haven’t done anything wrong. I can’t tell you anything, maybe Cole would tell you someday but I can’t. Maybe this is goodbye, Char. You cared for me, showed me how it feels to be loved after so many barren years. Thank you for giving me those moments. Don’t worry about me, I will be okay. Just move on with your life, I hope your mate would make you the happiest. I love you, char, you are beautiful, strong, don’t let anyone drag you down. Bye.”

And Annie left her there. Char fell on the ground sobbing loudly.

With a pounding heart Annie walked downstairs to see Caden was standing there with furious expressions, his chosen Maia by his side. She looked confused due to new arrival. Annie took a deep breath and faced forward to see her father standing there glaring at her.

“You little bitch!” he yelled and stocked towards Annie’s small petite figure with malice present in his eyes.

Cade’s wolf was trying to crawl out but Cade blocked him.

Alpha Ryan wrapped his hand around Annie’s neck and pushed her hard in the wall. Annie gasped for breath as she struggled.

Maia tightened her grip around Caden’s hand but Caden didn’t even blink. How? How can a mate be so merciless that he didn’t care about his other half?

“Stop it. Stop it, please.”

Charlotte entered the room looking at them wildly, “Leave her, you bastard.” She yelled.

But one of the warriors held her back. Alpha Ryan looked amused as he looked between Char and Annie. He threw Annie on the ground and laughed humorlessly,

“You made a friend? Wow. That’s new and that’s too Alpha’s daughter.” He chuckled but then he turned towards Charlotte,

“Do you know what she has done? She killed her own mother, my mate and she was running away from her punishments. But now I will kill her slowly. I’m going to make her feel all the pain she deserves.”

Everyone was stunned. Nobody could believe the alpha as he accused his youngest child of murder. The innocent Annie braced herself from everyone’s hatred because she knew it was inevitable. She looked at Caden but he was glaring in distance most probably asking moon goddess why she granted him a mate like her. All pack members were watching from distance as most of them knew she was innocent. How can a selfless girl do this? But no one could speak in front of their alpha.

“Take her. We are going back.” Alpha Ryan spat and turned towards Caden,

“Thank you Alpha for your cooperation.”

Some guards from her old pack grabbed her hand and started pulling her away but Caden’s voice stopped everyone,

“Stop!”

Annie’s head jerked towards him. Was he rethinking his decision? Was he….? But remaining hopes went flying out the door when those words came out of Caden’s mouth,

“I, Caden King reject you, Annie Ryan as my mate and Luna of this pack.”

Everyone let out audible gasps as their eyes wavered between Annie and Caden.

Annie’s head hung low as she let out tears. Her heart was shattered into millions of pieces. She couldn’t believe this was happening. At that moment all she wanted was to die. The pain was too much to endure.
She looked up at her father and she knew maybe moon goddess had given her one thing she needed most. Soon she would be long gone, she wouldn’t feel anything. She would sleep peacefully forever and maybe that’s when everyone will be happy. Annie felt numb as she let them drag her outside. Her heart squeezed as she heard Charlotte’s screams but she knew Char will move on eventually.

Their friendship gifted them hardly two weeks together but they were beautiful. She felt at peace when she remembered Cole and Charlotte. She looked up at the sky and smiled sadly praying moon goddess to give them all the happiness they deserved.

---------------------------------------

Ummmmm... Okay? Good? Want to murder the almighty alpha Caden?

Cole will be back in next chapter. He has too. Story is only of 5-6 chapters anyway ;)

See ya soon! Love you <3