EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

There was no joy, no happiness, no smiles, just death. It surrounded whole territory like a dark blanket. Everything was ruined, truth was out. Ryan family was suffering the most. Their cruelty cost them a life of their loved one or more specifically someone who loved them dearly even after they ruined her.

Annie's death brought a wave of depression. Everyone was burning in their own guilt. Everyone suffered because the secret that she was keeping was finally out and as she feared it hurt everyone. That's when everyone realized Annie endured all the pain because she didn't want anyone to feel the same or worse.

Alpha Ryan was broken. He was disgusted with himself for the first week as he didn't meet or see anyone. Angela, his mate told them the truth and he fell in the dark pit of depression. He killed his princess with his own hand for something she never did. In fact she was the one who was trying to save him from going insane but he killed her. Annie always loved her father even after everything that happened, she forgave him in the end but he couldn't take it and ran away from there. He couldn't see what he had done to his daughter.

"Daddy!" Annie called. Alpha turned towards her with a big smile on his face.

"Yes baby?"

"I get nightmare, daddy. The monster scares me." She tightened the grip around her little bunny while looking at him with those beautiful orbs.

Alpha Ryan's heart swelled and he scooped her up and placed her on his lap.

"Daddy will hunt down the monster and protect you, okay?" he stated softly.

She gave him a small smile and asked,
"Will you protect me, Daddy?"

He kissed her forehead and answered, "Always Baby, Daddy will always protect you."

After a week, he couldn't bare the pain of losing his mate and the guilt of killing his daughter as he went rogue. Nobody heard from him since but after few months all pack members felt the broken connection.

Angela couldn't believe where her selfishness brought her. She blamed herself for Annie's death. She left the place for good and never returned to pack.

Annie's older brother, Samuel lost two things that night. His sister died but she took something important with her, his mate's trust. Samuel found out that his mate was Charlotte but she didn't even acknowledge him. She was overwhelmed with grief and he was mourning over his sister. Char didn't reject him for what he did to his sister nor did she look at him. Sam had no guts to go to her as he was stuck on Annie's death. His sister, the one who always had his back, who loved him even after he treated her poorly was finally gone.

"I love you, Sam."

Her last words were haunting him for the longest time.

Charlotte left the pack life and went to college. She couldn't deal with anyone. Even after Caden's death, she decided to stay away from everyone. A part of her was crying for her mate but she didn't know what to feel. Her mate was one of them who hurt her best friend, one of the reasons for her pain. It took her two years to clear her mind and move on. That day when she came back to the pack, she was surprised to see her mom dad standing there.

Genevieve couldn't help but hug her youngest daughter tightly. She was finding the essence of her twin in her. Caden's death was a big blow to everyone but they endured it knowing maybe he was happy with his mate.

"What's happening, Mom?" char asked her.

Eve didn't say anything just looked inside the living room. Char's eyes followed and she gasped to find her mate Alpha Samuel Ryan standing there with grief and love present in his eyes. She looked around.

She saw Cole was standing in a corner and his mate was trying to pull him back to stop him from hurting the visiting Alpha.

Char didn't know what she felt but then decided to take Annie's advice and walked towards Samuel.

Cole found his mate after six months of Annie's death. First few months were difficult but their ship sailed. He loved her exactly how Annie wanted him too. And now his mate was pregnant with a baby girl.

You are strong, kind and you have a golden heart. I would see you when you will find your mate and be happy. Trust me; I would be really happy that time.

Maybe that's what Annie saying? Cole was happy knowing Annie was coming back to him, a stupid belief but a happy thought. Who cares what everyone else think?

"Dad, I miss uncle Cade. Can we go see him?" Ryder's (Caden's big brother) little girl asked him. He smiled at her and nodded. Soon they were in front of two graves, Annie and Caden's.

"Where is he now,daddy?" Lizzie asked him.

"With his mate." Ryder smiled at her.

"Are they happy?"

"I'm sure they are really happy."

"Then I'm happy too." She smiled widely. Putting a small kiss on both graves, Lizzie pulled away,

"I miss you uncle Cade and aunt Annie. But daddy said you both are happy. Stay happy. I love you."