The Truth About My Books

July 12, 2017

Let's get inside my head for a moment, shall we?

First of all, when I first started Wattpad in July 2014, I only read like heterosexual romance and I thought it was cute and all. I think the first book I read was the Last Virgin Standing. It was pretty good, but I never finished it because something happened in it that I wasn't strong enough to handle. Lol.

Then I came across this boyxboy story. I'm sure most of you have read it: All it Took was One Look. And. I. Died.

I was so surprised when it was about werewolves but most of all, it was the cutest book ever. I never looked back.

To this day, I haven't read heterosexual romance on Wattpad. I noticed that boyxboy/gay romance was exceptionally popular so I thought I might try one so people would enjoy it.

So Take Me Beyond Me was born.

Truth: I hate that book!! Lmao! I cannot stand it and I couldn't wait to finish it. The sequel in my opinion was better simply because I was a bit older and I'd gotten used to writing gay romance. It also seemed less cliché and slightly more realistic than the first because, come on, just look at the ending.

Once I finished those two, I started working on Love Me, which is Zion's story. Zion is the vulnerable son of Asher in the sequel I mentioned above. It was supposed to be the cliche story, Zion falling in love with his best friend. Zion was also in an abusive relationship.

Truth: A couple readers kept dictating my story. One of them was taking the abusive relationship too seriously, and she thought that Zion should stay in that relationship. Which was kinda crazy to me. But apparently, it reminded her of her own relationship and she stayed in it to help her boyfriend through whatever was troubling him (and they were fine after that). All I have to say to her is, every couple is different. I wasn't writing about her.

So I reminded her that she was taking it too seriously. In truth, I changed my story's plot for her because she contionuosly complained that Zion falling for his friend was "super cliche". And I did agree, so I smoothly threw in a new character and I had to break the book into two parts to satisfy my readers. And the funny thing?

No one was satisfied! They wanted Zion to make up with his abusive boyfriend and stay with him. On top of that, any time Zion was romantic with the new character, they always, always commented: I'm cringing, this is so cringeworthy, blah blah blah.

If it made them cringe so much, why were they still reading?
I was done with the horse crap. If I wanted people to dictate the lives of my characters, I would've just let them write it instead. I'm glad I went through that because I learned to stick up for myself, and I'll never let others try to dictate my stories ever again.

I read a story about a boy that ended up falling in love with his bully, and I enjoyed it. I wanted to do my own but with some cool twists, so I dreamed up the Music in Me, and the main character is Riley.

Truth: I was one of those kids who had imaginary friends. And Riley was one of them. The other was like Jessica, but I grew out of that all of them. Except Riley. He was always a triplet whenever I imagined him, so I made him a triplet in his story. He's a boy who came from a dirt poor background with the ability to sing like an angel. I only saw it fitting that his bully was stinking rich.

Riley now has a sequel, which I'm hoping to turn into a trilogy. I mean, he is a triplet.

His stories are my most favorite, so its sad to see that, while they do have a good amount of readers, they aren't my most popular. Please check it out; you'll fall in love with every aspect. 💜

Campus Crush came out of the blue for me.

Truth: I did NOT plan out this story in any way, shape, or form. For some reason, it just took off and so many people love it.

I was on about Chapter 16 when I wanted to quit, but my readers gave me the drive to continue. I'm so glad that I did. I love how it turned out. Now it has over 2 million reads that I never thought I deserved. Thank you ♥️

It's pretty good so check it out!

My next favorite, of course!

Gift of Life. The mpreg book.

Truth: I adore this story. I must say, I'm surprised it's not as popular as Campus Crush. Then again, I realized that cliche stories get more readers than others.

I never thought in a billion years I'd write an mpreg, but I told myself that I'm gonna branch out and try like everything under the gay romance sun. (Hang in there, werewolf book because I'm coming for you one day). I love newborns specifically, and I love Grey's Anatomy and all things medical. So I rolled it up into an mpreg with a twist!

If you read it, and please read it, there will be a good amount of medical/science talk and those are my favorite parts to write.

Lexus is the main character but unlike all my other books, it's not written in his POV or anyone else's. It's third person; that way, I can kind of zoom in on everyone else's life. You'll only get to experience his POV when he writes in his diary which is a few times each chapter.

Those aren't all my stories, but those are the ones with more truths to tell.