Rowan's Story Excerpt | Title Reveal! | HUGE Surprise

What up, what up! It's ya girl Amara!

The title of Rowan's story is something I thought long and hard about, but the moment I stopped forcing myself to come up with something, it came to me. Not kidding! It holds relevant meaning to my characters and their personal woes.

Rowan Clarke spent most of his life in love with someone he would've died for in a heartbeat. When David Larsen proposed to him, he was in tears. He was convinced he was blessed to be loved back, and was looking forward to their special day. But that day never arrived.

He endured a plane crash, being one of the few to survive. Unbeknownst to him, he suffered a temporary amnesia. It would be years before he'd even remember who David was. Fate was cruel to him, but in his story, he will come to realize that fate can also be very rewarding.

And it's not just his story; it's someone else's. In fact, the description isn't even about Rowan.

_______________________

The title of this book is called Heal My Perfect. Here is the description:

"My Perfect" does not refer to a person. Rather, it refers to your possession of the idea of what is perfect.

So when your idea of perfection has been severely marred by an unsupportive family and a suffocating love, what happens next?

Do you waste your life away? Become bitter toward the beauty nature holds? Do you not notice the glory in the colors of sunset, much less stop to witness it? Probably.

What if you had the chance to heal your heart? To heal your perfect? Would you take it? You might.

But is perfection really what you're looking for? Is perfection what finds you?

________________________

AND NOW, PLEASE ENJOY A 'SNEAK PEAK' EXCERPT FROM HEAL MY PERFECT (HMP):

"You're here alone?" I approached the young man who had moved to be aloof, isolating himself from the excitement of the wedding reception. He was standing on the balcony overlooking the city, a glass of wine in his hand.

He turned to me, slightly startled by the sound of my voice. My genuine smile disarmed him, and his tense shoulders fell in relaxation.

"Hi," he acknowledged me, running a timid finger through his slickened hair.

"Nash, right?" I asked for confirmation. I didn't need it though; I knew exactly who he was from our meeting a few months back.

"Yes." He nodded, staring back toward the night skies and sleepless city of Nevada. I moved forward to stand beside him, at a respectable distance, and rested my palms against the railing.

"Are you okay? You're out here all by yourself."

He shook his head, a polite smile on his face as he stared downward at the wine in his hand. "I'm doing just fine. I know that you're... well, you were once gonna be married to David, right?" He then stole a glance at me just as I averted my eyes.

"You're asking how I feel about this?" I assumed.

"I can admit that when I saw you arrive at the ceremony, I was definitely surprised you'd even turned up."

That made me chuckle. "Honestly, I've been tossing the idea around in my mind for months. To come or not to come?"

It was his turn to laugh, but he tried to repress it. I smiled at him as he sipped from his glass. "Anyway," I continued, "I made Casper a promise. So I showed up, and I'm staying until it's all through. I will support both him and David because they're happy. I'll put a smile on my face and when I get home, if the hurt is too much, then I might cry. But as long as I'm here, I won't shed a tear of sadness."

"I admire that," he confessed. "I wish I had that courage." He brought his eyes to mine, a silvery blue that the moon illuminated. "Casper was my crush once. Hell, he was everybody's crush."

My eyebrows rose in slight surprise, but I didn't judge. "Everyone's?"

"Pretty much. We were roommates when college began and he was so shy, he barely spoke. He was, and still is, very handsome and sweet. It was impossible not to fall. I completely see why his innocence captivated David's heart because it stole mine."

"I see. And how do you feel being here at his wedding?"

Nash's smile didn't quite meet his eyes, and he raised his glass of wine as a response. "I'm an awful person; I should be in there dancing but I kinda rather get drunk. Wow, that sounds horrible out loud. Seems like you're the only other person who really gets it though."

A memory came to mind, when he was kissing someone at the baby shower, but I didn't bring it up. He didn't even know I'd seen him. But I wondered, if that was his boyfriend then why did he still feel something for Casper? Were they ever boyfriends?

I shifted closer in sheer subtlety, our fingers probably an inch apart. He gazed at them, his eyebrows drawn together as he challenged himself to move his fingers closer to mine. I could see the battle in his mind. Just like me, he was wondering if there was a possibility that...

Could it be that...

Was this...

His pinky touched mine in a single stroke, then he immediately looked at me—really looked at me—and stepped away. It was as if he didn't expect himself to do anything, and was shocked that he even tried to. "I should really go back inside." One more rushed, polite smile and he was off, disappearing past the glass doors and the crowd of jubilant guests.

_____________________________

So how was it? 

I have a surprise! Look, I can't get enough of Casper and David, can you? Probably not! Which is why I'm bringing you a THIRD book in Casper's POV!

The only catch is that, since it takes place before Heal My Perfect, we'll have to wait just a teeny bit on HMP. But don't despair about that because Casper's third book is a short story and I plan to update rapidly. The reason it's short is because I figured it only makes sense that we see his journey through to the end.

From a shy, soft-spoken student in the first book, to a young man deeply in love and fighting odds in the second, and finally to a married father who has matured in the upcoming third. So we deserve to see how he has coped with this life-changing experience. It will be centered on his home life and school life now that so many students know he's wedded to a popular and wealthy (and sexy) professor!

There will be romance, stress, diapers, office sex and drama ;)

I'm keeping it super simple with the title till further notice, so it'll be called Campus 3.