Gabriel x Reader ~ two

Imagine: You are a hunter, working with Sam and Dean. They introduce you to the archangel, Gabriel and you two quickly become good friends. Suddenly, you find yourself falling for the angel, and despite his flirting and joking about, you know he doesn't feel the same. He only does that to wind up the boys. One day, the boys are out on a hunt, leaving you to your peaceful thoughts... Almost.

Lying down on the sofa, you placed your arm over your eyes blocking out the late morning sunrays. You sighed and listened to the silence which filled the bunker; it was lonelier than you expected it to be. While Sam and Dean were gone, you had hoped to just relax but you found yourself rather restless. Something was bugging you. But what?

"Heyo!" Gabriel beamed from across the room. Without opening your eyes, you groaned "Wow, I was just thinking of annoying things. Now here you are..." Gabriel scoffed and zapped beside you on the sofa. You finally moved your arm away, blinking a few times to see him clearly. He was sitting unusually close, staring down at you with a look in his eyes you had never seen before. God he was handsome. His eyes were mesmerising, just watching him right there sent you into a trance. Did he know he was doing this to you? Those tension-filled moments passed agonisingly slow. Was he going to say something? Why did you feel so weird being so close? Almost everyday for the passed four months, you had hung out with him. "Everything okay? Earth to Y/N." Gabriel knocked gently on your forehead, making you snap out of your daze. You laughed awkwardly and stood up, hurrying into the kitchen, away from the archangel. He followed you curiously. Opening the fridge, you grabbed two beers, throwing one to Gabriel who leant casually against the stove, and you sat down at the table. You found it hard to keep eye contact with him and he noticed this, as he'd cough to catch your attention whenever you stared out of the window, or at the ground. It couldn't just be you, something was off. "So," Gabriel coughed "What are we doing today?" You raised an eyebrow at him "Well, I wasn't planning on doing anything. I thought I'd have the day to myself." Taking a sip from his beer, he flicked his eyes over to you, then smirked and said "I'll go if that's what you want." It wasn't. He knew it wasn't. "You're here now. Might as well stay." You smiled.

The two of you shared a couple more beers and lounged around in the kitchen for a while. The tension between you two had disappeared. It was like it was never weird in the first place. At one point though, you had gotten up to put your beer in the bin and Gabriel walked passed you. But as he did, he let his hand brush against your butt, only for a second. You tensed up and frowned. Okay, that just happened. Was he doing it on purpose? Trying to ignore it, you sat back down and carried on the conversation. Gabriel did little things throughout the hours that distracted you, like biting his lip. He'd wink every now and then and the two of you even joked about what you could do while Sam and Dean were gone that evening.

It was mid-afternoon when you began to feel tired and started yawning constantly. Gabriel laughed it off but offered to take you up to your room. You shook your head, unable to speak because you were yawning. Again. "Y/N, it's okay if you want to rest, I'm not going anywhere." He told you kindly. But you refused. You wanted to hang out with him. In your exhausted state, you found your mouth was losing connection with your thoughts because before you could stopped yourself, you asked "Why'd you touch my ass?" Gabriel stared at you confused and then remembered earlier. "Oh, I didn't realise you minded. I won't do it again, I'm sorry." You chuckled "Of course I don't mind, but why? Normally, you only do stuff like that when Sam and Dean are around." His eyebrows knitted together in a frown "That's not true. And I did it because... it was there and I thought 'Why not?'." You nodded and replied sarcastically "Charming." Gabriel argued "What do you want me to say, Y/N?" You shrugged frustrated "I don't know! I've just... I've never seen you touch Cas's ass "just cos it's there"." You mocked him in the last bit. Gabriel became irritated "Because I don't look at Cas the same way I look at you!" You scoffed "And what way is that?!" Angrily, Gabriel shouted "Like someone who I'm trying my best to love. You're so blind, Y/N! What, you think I flirt with you to put on a show for Sam and Dean? You think I just spend all this time with you for no reason? You don't know how hard it is to hide how much I care about you. I know I'm just another monster for you to hunt, but Jesus between meeting you and sitting here right now, I've fallen in love harder than I ever thought I would." Gazing at him in wide-eyed wonder, you stood slowly and approached him. Gently, you placed a hand on his cheek and looked him deep in the eye. "Joking around is one thing. Messing with my feelings is another. And it's totally wrong." You said through gritted teeth. You had misunderstood completely! You thought he was pissing about! Trying to wind you up, because you were so far convinced that he could never love you, it made more sense that he would hurt you. He gasped quietly "What?" You turned and walked away, tutting "You should leave Gabriel." He was dumbfounded. He didn't understand. How, by telling you he loved you, had he messed with your feelings?  When he didn't move, you whirled around and hissed "Did you really expect me to fall for that? Oh come on, you're the Trickster. I'll bet you expected me to pour my heart out to you, just so you can make me look like an idiot." Gabriel was offended, he would never do anything like that to you, he cared too much for you "What are you talking about? Y/N, this isn't a joke! Don't you see how hard that was for me? To just admit that? Please, listen to me. I don't want to hurt you, I want to take care of you. Ever since we met, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Is that so hard to believe? Look at you." You felt yourself blush. Was he being serious? You didn't know. Your head told you not to trust him, but your heart told you he meant it. You gulped and said "It's so hard to trust you right now. We've been friends for a while but I know you've done some pretty bad stuff in the past. Gabe..." He closed his eyes when you said his name, to him it sounded perfect on your lips. Before he opened his eyes again, you rushed over to him and gave him a delicate kiss. He blinked and stared down at you surprised. A small smirk danced across your face and you looked up at him shyly. Grinning, he snaked his hands around your waist and zapped you both up to your bedroom.

Passionate kisses were exchanged as you embraced each other. Pulling away for breath, you held each other as tight as you could. "Do you believe me?" Gabe whispered. You nodded slightly and added with a smile "I'm sorry for all that fuss." He replied "It's okay, I understand why you did it." Relaxing in his arms, you felt the faintness of sleep washing through you and Gabriel felt it too. Picking you up bridal-style, he carried over to your bed, placed you down and pulled the covers over you before sliding in too. He breathed softly "I love you." And touched a kiss to your forehead. "I love you too." You hummed and slowly drifted into a peaceful sleep.

Okay, so this was a short idea I had and felt like posting. It kind of sucks I know but I hope you like it anyway. If you did, you can vote for it or tell me what you thought in the comments. <3

~Niamh~