Chapter One

Ever since the end of the war, Harry Potter has been full of hatred and anger. He was mad at Albus Dumbledore for not telling him everything. He was mad at the wizarding community for babying him. Harry enjoyed attention, but when it came to his scar and Voldemort, Harry couldn't stand who he was.

Looking at the letter from McGonagall announcing his mandatory return to the place he so longed to be free from frustrated Harry. Hogwarts was his home, but when he felt like he would be put on display like a cake at a bakery, he didn't want to go. However a few lines stuck out to him on the letter: If the returning seventh years desire to, they have the option to be resorted in the opening feast the first day of term.

Harry couldn't help but laugh. If the wizarding community saw him right now, they would have to look twice. Was he a different person than he was before the war? Without a doubt, yes.

Harry knew that his attitude was much different. He knew he was filled with hate and malice for anyone and everyone who contradicted him or showed him pity, but Harry's most noticeable difference was his appearance. His messy black hair was now slicked back. The eyeliner outlining his emerald green eyes made them pop since he began sporting contacts rather than glasses. The stud piercing that sat on the end of his right eyebrow shined in order to attempt to draw attention away from the lightning shaped scar.

Throughout the summer, Harry found himself becoming more and more who he wanted to be. His favorite addition, although not as noticeable to the public, were the tattoos. Down his right bicep was a list of names he never wanted to forget. Lily. James. Fred. Remus. Sirius. Tonks. Mad-Eye. Collin. Cedric. Hedwig. Severus.

On his back near the nape of his neck were seven symbols, each the size of a penny. The first was a red stone, the second a snake bearing large fangs. The third was a black dog while the fourth was a small triwizard cup. The fifth was just made up of two letters: DA and the sixth was a bottle of Felix Felicies. The seventh one was the symbol of the Deathly Hallows. Harry felt that this tattoo reminded him of who he was before he changed.

The most drastic tattoo that Harry decided to get rests on his left forearm. It began with the phrase "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" circling his arm just below his elbow and the words "mischief managed" circling his wrist. Over time he filled in the space between with a stag, two doe, a large dog, and a werewolf. Between each animal, filling the gaps were footprints and near each respective animal were names so small you had to be really looking at the tattoo to notice. James, Lily, Severus, Sirius, and Remus.

Harry was finally satisfied with himself. Physically and mentally. And after a long time thinking, he decided that when he got to Hogwarts in less than a week, he would choose to be resorted despite everyone else's opinion.

~~~

A/N: Unfortunately, I don't own these characters.