Dancing and Decisions

Earth: Four Months After Descension (sometime in January), 2149

Natalie focused on not fidgeting, standing as still as she could. The Heda herself sat in front of her on an impressive throne made of antlers and such things, her face as impassive as ever. Drane, Dex, Laina, and Kay stood in a line, a nervous energy encompassing them all. They had just finished telling Heda Leksa everything that had transpired in the last few months, from finding Natalie to that morning. The Commander was silent, seeming to mull over all the information that had been presented to her. Anya and Indra stood at attention behind her, both studying the redhead. Then, with an elegant wave of her hand, the hunters and Natalie were dismissed.

Natalie let out a huge breath once they were out of the room and outside in the sunlight. "Float me, I thought I was gonna die..." she muttered, sagging with relief.

"It's not over yet, strisis," Drane patted the top of her head absentmindedly. "Heda has yet to make a verdict."

"Don't scare her, Drein," Dex scolded as they all went towards Natalie's hut. "Don't worry about it, Heda knows how much you've helped us, and in turn, the people."

Natalie nodded and went inside, finding Bran at the table drawing, Ana sitting on the fur on the floor playing with a toy, and Noah looking through a picture book Natalie had found back in Dalecit. They watched the kids for a few moments, staying silent. Then the men left, squeezing Natalie's shoulders on their way. Kay followed her houmon and squeezed Natalie's arms with a smile. Laina was the last to go, pulling the redhead in for a hug. Then the fayagada turned to her charges and nodded. "Ait, time to get dressed."

Noah looked up and sighed, closing the book and rolling over. Bran tilted his head, trying to translate the English into Trigedasleng. Noah repeated the statement and he nodded, putting his pencils in the small wooden box he stored them in. They both scampered up the ladder to the loft, knowing to put on their warmest clothes. Natalie scooped Ana up and plopped her on the bed, handing her the stuffed bear she had been playing with. Then she turned to the trunk at the end of her bed, rummaging around to find her own warm clothes and Ana's. She pulled out a pair of thick pants for each of them, and long sleeved shirts. She pulled out her favourite pair of fingerless gloves that she got a few weeks ago, and thick socks for the both of them. She dressed Ana first, making sure the small girl was snug and warm before changing into her own clothes once Noah was down to watch Ana. She topped her own ensemble off with her green coat, tying the belt closed tightly. As soon as Bran joined them, they headed out to the middle of the village, where fires were burning brightly and food was being cooked.

Citizens were spread out, mostly, around the whole village. A group of people had drums and other instruments out, playing a light tune. The Heda sat on a dais, overlooking the festivities with a few of her guards. Indra stood at her side, along with Anya. Onya kom Trikru, who Natalie's gaze kept locking onto. Anya the general, who was staring right back at her as she shifted Ana's weight on her hip. Onya the warrior, who was smirking as Natalie's cheeks flushed under the attention. Anya the very attractive woman, who's gaze sent a shot of heat straight down to the redhead's core.

A lot of the young people were dancing, throwing themselves around to the beat of the drums with drinks in their hands. The sun had just set, and already the alcohol was flowing freely.

Natalie told the kids to go have fun for a bit, and Noah ran off to find some of her friends while Bran took hold of her coat with a tight grip. The redhead just smiled and went to a pit where food was already being served to the kru. Nearby, a group of women used their voices as instruments, accompanying the drums and such in a tribal sort of sound. A group of teenagers started moving, their dancing almost looking choreographed. Bright smiles on their faces, and cheeks flushed, they looked like a group of children. Natalie smiled at them a moment before helping Bran get his food and piling a plate for Ana and herself. She led the boy to a log close to the fire and settled down for the meal.