4 - The mission

It makes me feel alive, gives me a major adrenalin rush and the feeling of power. It makes my friends weary and concerned. As I walk through the club, which I'm not old enough to be in, I feel their hungry eyes stare at me. Not my friends' eyes, that would be uncomfortable. As a matter of fact I haven't seen anyone here I have met before. 

I can feel the numbness of the alcohol taking over my body and the seducess within me taking control. That's how I become when I drink and that is the side of me which makes me do the things I regret the morning after. Although, sometimes I don't.

I let my eyes roam around, I can feel the shaking in my head as the loud music bursts through my ears and the colorful lights switch on and off before my eyes. I look at the drunk people around me. Most of the men are sweaty and hot, with that look in their eyes, hoping they are about to get some. 

The girls are trashy, their make-up a bit smeared on their faces from the sweat and their dresses are twisted and some even torned after all the hands pulling the hem higher and higher. Weather it were the girls themselves' hands or other people's, is unknown. Sluts, like me. I probably looked the same. We all had the same look on our faces, the look which tells that we are on a certain mission.

And there is mine.

o0o0o0o

"What are we going to ask them about? Hellooo I told you girls we should have met yesterday and planned!" 

"Why are you making such a big deal out of this Sarah? They have been our friends since forever we don't need a plan to confront them." 

"Yeah you're right, let's just go in there and tell them we're sorry they didn't die in the shooting last week, or have you forgotten about that Mags?" Sarah asked her sarcastically.

"Both of you shut up, I have enough headache and I don't need you two bickering just to make it worse." I told them grumpy from the hangover.

"In whose bed did you wake up this morning? You've been busy since your mom left to Paris two days ago." Sarah asked.

"Like she remembers who she sleeps with." Maggie rumbled.

"Of course I know who it was, it's just none of your business."

I didn't have a fucking clue who my last night's fuck was and I'm actually sorry that I don't, it was good. He was good.

I sighed as we walked into the restaurant.

"They are already here," I pointed at the twins sitting at a table. We strolled passed the man on the cashier, not bothering to allow him to escort us since there were two families ahead of us in the row. We greeted Jared and Toby and sat down.

Sarah couldn't handle the pressure, that was obvious and Toby realized something was up. Mags and I should have come without her.

He asked her if she was all right and Mags and I stared her down, I was surprised she didn't catch fire.

"I'm fine, why wouldn't I be. This is a good day and the sun is shining like there's no tomorrow and th-"

"It's eight p.m. Sarah the sun has already sat." I said and gritted my teeth, Maggie shut her eyes tightly and Sarah excused herself to the bathroom. Knowing she wasn't welcome to be a part of the confrontation anymore.