Leaving Again

I wake up in Shawn's arms and I smile but his face stays straight. "Good morning," he says monotonous.

"Morning," I say sleepily and I stretch out.

"I'd better head back home. You can drive yourself to school today." I nod head and he jumps out my window, landing gracefully on the ground below.  I change into random clothes from my closet and head downstairs. Jordan is sitting at the table.

"Morning my gorgeous sister. So, when is man candy coming to pick you up?" Jordan asks as I grab a granola bar.

"He's not, I'm driving myself." He looks confused but brushes it off. "How are you awake after an all nighter?"

"No matter what, I'm a morning person." He looks so awake, no dark circles under his eyes or anything. I on the other hand, am not a morning person at all. The only reason I get up early is for school and Shawn.

"I'm gonna head to school," I say grabbing my keys. He gives me a quick hug goodbye and I get into my car. I drive to school but I don't see Shawn's car. Confused, I head to my locker, but he's nowhere in sight.

The bell rings and I go to first period. Shawn isn't there in his seat, he's not here at all. I see Lyla and she sits beside me. "Where's your brother?" I ask her.

"Beats me. I thought he left to pick you up for school." I send him a text asking where he is. I get no response, he didn't even look at it.
_________________________

The bell rings for lunch and I still don't have a response from him. I just get a lemonade and I sit with Lyla and our other friends. "You're not hungry?" I hear Sarah ask me from across the table. Lyla and I became friends with her sophomore year.

"No I'm not," I mumble and she continues talking to Lyla. The bell rings and I head to Physics. As hard as I try, I can't focus, all I can think about is what Shawn is doing.

I'm startled when I hear the bell ring. Lyla walks over and walks me to tech class. Again, Shawn isn't there, I sit in my usual spot beside Griff. He must've sensed my sorta foul mood and just left me alone mostly. The teacher then assigned us as partners to work on an instructional video. He pairs me with Griff.

"What do you want to do the video about?" he asks. I shrug my shoulders and he thinks for awhile. "I know, I can show people how to fix their vehicles?" he suggests, the last part coming out like a question.

"Sure." He blabs on and on about how I can film and he can edit it and stuff. I don't really pay attention. I just want this day to be over.

Finally, the bell rings. I dash out to my car. I notice a note on my seat. I open it up and it reads:

Kaitlyn,

I need to talk to you. Meet me at your house. It's very important.

Shawn

I put the note in my backpack and drive to my house, slightly speeding. I pull in but I don't see his car. I walk to my door and it's unlocked, I know that Jordan would've locked it. As I go to step in the house, I hear him call my name from behind me.

"Kaitlyn, follow me," he says and I try my best to follow him, he's walking really fast. He suddenly stops, a few steps into the forest behind my house.