Epilogue: Home

I wake up screaming Shawn's name as I see him step into the sunlight in my dream. I look around and he's not here making me think I dreamt the whole thing. I jump when I feel something jump onto my bed. "Shh, it's okay," Shawn says stroking my hair. I'm still dreaming.

"I need to wake up. I know you're not here," I say.

"Kaitlyn, you are awake, this is no dream sweetie," he says pulling me against his chest. I begin crying. "Hey, don't cry, I'm right here and I promise I won't ever leave you again."

"Wait, so we're actually engaged?!" I say excited and scared. He nods his head and I can't help but smile. He surprises me my grabbing my face in between his ice cold hands and placing a kiss onto my lips. Now I believe I'm not dreaming. "I love you so much Shawn Mendes," I say for the 1000th time since our reunion.

"I know and I love you Kaitlyn Little and I can't wait until you're my wife," he says placing kisses on my jawline making my heart beat faster and my breath to come out in short gasps.

"What are we going to tell my dad?"

"How about you met me while I was doing a French exchange and that I proposed to you, sound good?"

"Perfect, just like you." I find my phone to see that it's almost 7:30 Sunday morning.

"Breakfast time!" he says.

"Wait, what?!" I say holding my hands up to my neck. He just laughs.

"You know what I meant silly." I laugh too and we walk downstairs where Jordan is sitting eating some eggs and bacon.

"Morning sis, and SHAWN?!" He gets up and gives Shawn a huge bear hug. "I missed you Shawn, and your abs."

"Umm... thank you?" he says, confused.

"He's not gay Jordan, for the last time," I chuckle.

"So did you guys, you know," he says blushing.

"All we did was sleep Jordan, you know where you dream," I say while grabbing myself a bowl of cereal.

"Really? Did I tell how much I love you Shawn?" he says batting his eyelashes. I playfully punch him on the arm.

"When does dad get home?"

"I think at 4, why?"

"I have something I need to tell him," I say.

"What's that?" he asks, his voice and eyes full of curiosity.

"I think you mean we have something to tell him," Shawn says wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Your pregnant?! I thought you left Shawn, unless it's Griff's." Shawn looks angry when he mentions Griff.

"No,no,no, there is no chance of that at all," I panic a bit. Jordan sighs with relief but still wants to know. I let Shawn answer.

"Well, Kaitlyn and I are engaged," Shawn says. "Shit, I almost forgot the ring." He pulls out a small box from his back pocket and gets down on one knee. "Kaitlyn Little, will you do the pleasure of saying you'll marry me?"

When he opens the box, it reveals a gorgeous blue sapphire engagement ring. "It was my mothers, and her mothers and so on." I nod my head as tears roll down my cheeks and he slides it perfectly onto my finger.

"It's a perfect fit," I say admiring it's beauty. I look over at Jordan who is balling his eyes out.

"So beautiful," he says dramatically.

"You're such a drama queen," I chortle. He holds his hand to his heart.

"Thank you," he mouths. Then Shawn stands up and picks me up into a hug and place a kiss onto his lips, it was perfect. The door then opens and in walks dad. "Hey kids, I just forg-" then he sees all of us.

"Hi daddy," I say, knowing it'll soften him up.

"What's going on? Why have you two been crying?" he asks.

"Uh, I have something to tell you daddy," I say to him. Shawn puts me down slowly.

"Spit it out."

"I'm getting married to Shawn," I say as fast as I can.

"You're what?!" he says, shocked, angry and happy. I show him the ring and he then walks over to Shawn. I have no idea what is running through his head.

"Shawn."

"Mr. Little."

"Welcome to the family son," he says and pulls Shawn in for a hug. Shawn looks as surprised as I am. At least he didn't try to punch him, or shoot him. He grabs his work boots, places a kiss on my cheek and heads off to work gleaming.

"Well, that was interesting," Shawn laughs and I finally let out my breath, I didn't realize I held it all this time. I jump into his arms and he wraps his arms around me.

"Now we just have to tell your family." I head upstairs and I change into black skinny jeans, a tight fitting white t-shirt and I put on Shawn's leather jacket.

I hop into the passenger side of his car and he drives off towards his house. When he pulls up to his house, his mother and sister both run outside. "Here we go," I say to Shawn and we get out.

"Shawn, my baby boy. You're finally home," his mom says throwing her arms around him and hugging him. Lyla walks up to him and also gives him a hug. "So, what brings you back here Kaitlyn?" she asks me.

"Well, we have something we would love to tell you both," I say as we head into the house.

"What's that bestie?" Lyla says. We walk into the living room and take a seat. I sit on the small couch beside Shawn and he grabs my hand.

"Mom, Lyla. Kaitlyn and I are going to get married," he tells them. Lyla jumps up and starts screaming "Oh yeah". His mother congratulates us and hugs us both.

"When's the wedding?" she asks.

"August 5," I say. Shawn looks over at me and I nod my head.

"Of this year?" she asks. I nod my head and her smile widens. "You two really do love each other, don't you?" We turn to look at each other and just smile.

"Okay, I can plan your wedding."

"It's alright mom, my friend Georgie is going to plan it, but you can help her," he says. She nods her head and tears flow down her cheeks.

"Are you pregnant or something?" Lyla asks.

"No, absolutely not," I say. How many times am I going to hear this?

"Kaitlyn and I are engaged," Shawn says.

"It's about time," Lyla tells us. Lyla and Shawn's mom hug us. It's perfect.