Reunion

I wake, my mind hazy as memories of last night flood back. Georgie bought us tickets for a plane to Paris that left in 20 minutes. I remember us getting on the plane and taking our seats. Next thing I know, I must've fallen asleep. I sit up and notice that we're getting ready to land.

"You're up, good," I hear Georgie say. I look over at her and she gives me a hopeful smile. I stretch to wake up.

"How long do we have?" I ask.

"He's going to be there before us. They'll refuse, of course and he's going to try and come up with a way to really piss them off." We have a good chance.

We climb off the plane and I wait outside the doors as she goes to get a rental. My eyes pop out of their socket when she comes back driving a red Lamborghini, roof up of course.

"This is flashy you know," I state to her.

"But it's fast and will get us there on time." Just as I click my seatbelt in, she speeds off to the centre of Paris. After a few minutes of driving Georgie tells me something. "Kaitlyn, take the wheel for a second." I nod my head as I grab the wheel and steer. She finally grabs it back and explains what she saw.

"Kaitlyn, it's bad. He's going to expose himself. He's going to wait until the sun is up high, so noon and..." her voice trails off, but I don't need her to finish the sentence. During the summer, Shawn showed me what he looks like in the sun. His skin sparkled like a thousand diamonds.

I look at the time on the radio screen and I see that it's 11:45. "Can we make it?"

"Not me but you can. There is a huge Carnival today and I can drive you most of the way," she explains as she increases the speed. We make it into the city and then as we close in on the centre, the streets become more crowded with people.

"Why couldn't you just let him read your mind?" I ask her out of curiosity.

"He wouldn't believe me, he has to see you physically." Just as she finishes that sentence, she comes to a complete stop since the streets were now abuzz with pedestrians. I take a quick look at the time. 11:55. "Run to him Kaitlyn, he'll be by a huge book store with a mini Eiffel Tower on top of the building.

I run as fast as I can towards where she pointed me. It seemed the faster I ran, the less distance I traveled. I finally reach the town centre. I see a building across the square with a mini Eiffel Tower on top. I also see a clock and it reads 11:59. I run, bumping into people but not caring, in a few short seconds I would be in his arms.

And then, the clock chimes noon. I look around but I don't see him. Maybe he's not going to go through with it. But then I see his glorious face step into the beaming sub, I run faster. He walks out with his arms facing the sky, I run to close the space between us. Then I smash into him.

"That was fast and painless," he says, confusing me. He wraps his arms around me and takes a deep breath. "I must be in heaven."

"Shawn, what are you talking about?! I'm alive Shawn, I'm right here. You have to get out of the sun now!" I shout at him. He opens his eyes and they're filled with nothing but love. He grabs me tighter and pulls me into the shadows.

"Kaitlyn! Oh god, I missed you so much."

"I thought you didn't want me," I ask but it comes out more like a statement.

"Of course I want you. It broke my heart that you believed me so easily." I wrap my arms around him tighter, not wanting to let go ever again. Then a short, childish looking boy walks towards us. "Taylor would like to speak to you," he says.

"Coming Ryan. Go enjoy the carnival Kaitlyn, I won't be long."

"Bring the girl too," Ryan says.

"Over my dead body!" he snarls at Ryan.

"That can be arranged." Just as they go to pounce, a slightly older female walks towards us. "What's taking so long Ryan?"

"Nothing my dear sister Jillian," he says straightening up. "Follow me," she says. Then Georgie jumps over the wall.

"Wait for me," she says, dusting her hands off. We all follow them towards a small trap door in the ground.

"Humans first," Jillian says. Shawn growls but I tell him it's fine. But he insists that he goes first. He jumps into the hole and then yells for me to go.

I jump and I'm immediately met with a slide. When I reach the bottom, Shawn is standing with his arms outstretched. I stand up and he scoops me up like a baby. The others shortly follow with Georgie last. We follow the vampires down a dimly lit passage way.