Delusions

"I've had enough of your shit Kaitlyn, your moving in with your mother," my dad yells at me.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"You don't do anything," he says.

"I go to school, do my homework and I have a part time job."

"You don't go out with friends, you are constantly screaming from nightmares every night and I'm sick and tired of it," he tells me.

"I'm not leaving."

"Yes you are."

"I'm an adult and I want to stay here," I yell at him. "I'll hang out with Sarah tonight."

"Really?" he says. I nod my head and I head off to school. I pull into his usual spot and I find Sarah, talking to some boys. Lyla is there with her boyfriend Jake. I walk over to them. "Oh hey Kaitlyn," Sarah says to me.

"Hey Sarah. Do you maybe wanna hangout tonight?" I ask her and she looks shocked.

"Uh, sure. What do you wanna do?" she asks. I shrug my shoulders, not really sure. "We could go shopping," she suggests, jumping up and down.

"Sure, why not." She slightly squeals and I squeal with her. I'd better grab my money for shopping tonight.
_________________________

The final bell rings and I jump when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see Griff. He cut his hair and he got a tattoo, I asked him about it but he said it was a tribe thing. "I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out," he kinda asks.

"Sure, when?" I ask.

"Is tonight okay?"

"I have plans, but you can come if you want to," I suggest.

"Sure, where're we going?" he asks.

"Shopping."

"Okay, you and whoever can shop while I watch your stuff."

"Really?" He nods his head and I'm thrilled. "You are so sweet." I give him a kiss on the cheek and he blushes.

I meet Sarah by my car and she looks at me and Griff. "I have to grab my purse so Griff and I will meet you at Forks Mall, okay?"

"Sure," she says, her eyes locked on Griff. I then really look at him and I notice that I now have to look up at him and he's built.

"You've grown," I say climbing in my car. He gets in the passenger seat.

"Yeah, I've had some growth spurts," he chuckles. I pull out of the spot and I head home.

I pull into my driveway and I get out. Griff follows right behind me. I run upstairs and I quickly look for my purse. I look around my room and I notice somethings are missing, anything that involved Shawn. I knew Jordan locked the door that day.

I then open my sock drawer and I take out a decent wad of cash. I put the money in my wallet and the wallet into my purse. I turn around and I trip. Griff catches me.

"I've gotta watch where I'm going, I'm such a klutz," I say, laughing slightly.

"It's alright," he says, flashing me a smile. I half smile up at him and I realize he still has a hand on my waist. I stand up and we head back to my car.

I pull into a parking space and we get out. I see Sarah waiting by the entrance and we walk over to her. "So, let's shop," Sarah says, clapping her hands together.

"Griff, if you see something you want, I'll get it for you if you want," I offer.

"Really? Sure, if I find something I really want." I smile and we walk into the mall. Immediately, Sarah walks into a store. I walk in after her and it's just a shoe store. I do need another pairs of shoes, my favourite pair is worn out.

I look around for about 10 minutes and I find a pair exactly like my favourite pair. They're half off so today's my lucky day. I look over at Sarah who has 12 pairs of shoes. "I think you'll have enough shoes," I joke and she laughs.

"Here Kaitlyn, let me pay for your shoes, I insist," she says grabbing the box from my hand.

"Okay," I say, slightly confused.

"Ah, welcome back Miss Red," the cashier says.

"Hey Paul."

"Charge it on the card?" Paul asks.

"Yep, thank you." He puts the shoes in bags and we walk out.

"You have a card on record here?"

"Of course, a girl can never have too many shoes," she says as we walk into a clothing store. 
_________________________

After 3 hours I had like 30 shopping bags. Sarah payed for everything. Griff was still happy as could be and I felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks.

"I think that we did some great shopping today," Sarah says and I nod my head.

"I won't have to go shopping for like 5 years." She laughs and we head to the food court for dinner. We decide to get burgers and fries. Sarah pays again.

I find a clean table with 4 chairs. I sit down and I wait for Griff and Sarah. After a few seconds, I hear someone call my name. I look over at Griff and Sarah but their backs are to me. I almost scream when I see Shawn, but it wasn't him, it was just my imagination. "Be safe." was all he said then he disappeared, I didn't understand, all I wanted was to see him again, even if it isn't actually him.
_________________________

I put all the bags in the trunk and I climb into my car. "You wanna go home?" I ask Griff starting up my car.

"We could hangout at your house." I nod my head and he blushes. I think he likes me but he's just my best friend. As I drive towards home, I see a hitchhiker on the side of the highway. I slow down to see where he's headed but then I hear Shawn's voice in my head. "Don't do it." I then pick up speed, listening to the delusions advice. It was amazing to hear his voice.

I pull in my driveway and Griff helps me with my bags. "I'm home dad," I yell because his car was in the driveway. He comes downstairs and a huge smile plays across his lips when he sees Griff.

"You're home kinda late," he says his voice full of excitement.

"I went shopping with Sarah and Griff," I tell him and his eyes light up even more.

"That's great." Griff and I head up to my room to put away my stuff. I give up halfway through and I flop onto my bed beside Griff.

"I should be heading home," Griff begins. I look to see the it's almost 10.

"You could just sleepover, I could drive you to school tomorrow," I offer and he nods his head. I grab some new pyjamas I got today and I head into my bathroom to change.

I walk out and I set up a sleeping bag on my floor for Griff. He thanks me and we quickly fall asleep.