number two.

ezra.

eyes burned into my back as i walked down the halls of my new school. i had just moved from Virginia to New Jersey and i so far hate it here. the way the people looked at me and the way they pointed at me, i knew that i wont be at this school for long.

i'm going to have to switch schools once again. the racism in all my schools is unbelievable, my parents thought moving would fix the problem but i guess not, thats just the world we live in. my dad said that if the same thing that happened in my last school happens in this school, i'm either going to be homeschooled or transferred to an all black school.

i try to find my way to the principles office. i would ask for help but i don't want to risk getting spit on or yelled at. the lady at the front desk when you first enter the school said to go straight then turn left twice and i'll be there, she must have lied.

she was an old, light skinned lady; grey hair, floral button up, a beige pencil skirt, she looked to be in her sixties. i should've known by the way she looked at me when i first walked in that she lied to me. oh well, my mistake.

when i make a right turn i look to my right first then my left, which is when i see a door with the words principles office. on it. i smile in triumph and knock on the door lightly. i didn't want to barge in, they could be in the middle of something.

"come in!" i heard a feminine voice shout from the other side of the door. i opened the door and spot a beautiful woman who seemed to be in the middle of her twenties. she had beautiful dark brown hair that fell perfectly on her shoulders, the prettiest blue eyes, and her skin was tanned as if she just got back from the tanning at the beach.

"hello!" she smiles a wide smile, her pearly whites showing.

"hi." i said as i fiddled with my fingers nervously.

"take a seat, please." she says and gestures to one of the seats that is set in front of her desk. i sit down and cross my legs, folding my hands and keeping a good posture.

"you must be Ezra Hampton, the new student from Virginia?" she asked as she looked in one of her desks and searched for something.

"yes, i am, sorry i'm a little late, i got lost." i explained to her, not sure if i should tell her about the front desk lady.

"thats alright dear," she assures me. "i'm Ms. Donovan, but you can call me Anne, i don't mind really."

i smiled at her kind behavior, though i am quite shocked. shes supposed to be trashing me, threatening me, looking at me like i'm some contagious disease. yet shes doing the complete opposite. i don't mind but i don't want her to get in trouble.

"ah! here it is!" Anne chuckled as she pulled out two pieces of paper with some chart and words on it. "this is your schedule for your classes, i would assist someone to help you find these classes but i can't, i'm sorry." she said with an apologetic smile.

i nodded, "its fine Ms. Donovan, i think i'll do fine on my own.❞ i grab the papers and smile politely.

"okay, if you need anything you know where to find me." she says then begins to type something on her computer.

i stand up and pull down my grey sweatshirt as it rose up a little when i stood. i thank Anne and she replies with a smile. i leave her office only to have me bump into someone. great.