Chapter One

Frisk lifts their head. Golden flower petals flutter around them, tangled in their hair. They don't seem to know where they are or how they got there. Head screaming in pain as they push their self of the ground. Bitten down nails are bitten down further as Frisk wonders what to do. Just then a voice rings in their ears.

   "Greetings" Frisk spins on their heels. Nobody is there with them.

   "Hello?" Frisk calls out. "Is anybody there?"

   "I'm in your head silly" The voice says again.  Frisk tries to remember how hard they hit their head.

   "I'm a ghost, you just woke me up. I think I'm owed an apology." The ghost giggles. They seem nice enough, but bordering passive aggressive.

   "I can hear your thoughts you know." The voice grumbles. Frisk gasps.

   "You could at least ask my name you know" The voice returns laced with annoyance.

   "What is your name then?" Frisk mumbles as they begin to walk out.

   "Chara Cter Dreemur, now since I am so very polite, what is yours?" Chara says, voice dripping in sarcasm. Frisk already annoyed with this 'ghost' they met only moments ago.

   "Frisk - oh god, I don't remember! Did I hit my head that hard?" Frisk panics.  "Did you see?"

   "Calm kiddo, you're in the underground. The barrier will wipe a lot of your memories." Chara laughs. Frisk crosses their arms, pouting.