This Is This

There was too much pain to handle for a seven year old Beca Mitchell. She could handle this. Hell, she couldn't. She could barely handle two minutes in a room with her lights on. Numerous things scare her, but this, this, wasn't something she would overcome ever, she thought. 

               The night Kelly, her mom, dented the wall for the hundredth time, Beca knew that this wasn't child's play, this was serious. This was much more then the friendly banter she was used to.

               When Beca's dad married her mother,  they were both too young to understand what they really got into. But when her dad caught his last glimpse of her, she turned to face him,  her emerald eyes glistening, she simply smiled  breathtakingly, and closed the door behind her. She meant to hurt them, and she didn't feel bad one bit.

               Beca pushes everybody away from her, it's easier she says. It's easier to push people out then bring people in. Nobody ever wants to stay. Her own mother didn't even want to stay. She realized it's easier to run. And that's what she's been doing her whole life, because that was her thing. She was good at it, too good. But this was different. 

      This was this, and there was nothing she could do about it.  

And this is the story of the Barden Bellas

time skip

There was a boy in her room. Beca looked up at the number painted on the wooden door, then down at the dorm assignment in her hand. Beacon Hall, 312.

This was definitely room 312. But maybe this wasn't Beacon Hall. 

"You must be Beca," the boy said, reaching out his hand, "I'm Benji, Stacy's roommate. Stace will be back soon, she just went to get the rest of her boxes". She shook his hand, making the least eye contact possible. She made her way toward the only unfinished mattress in the room. 

"Say, he carried on, where are your boxes?" he asked as he turned his body facing her, giving her his full attention.

"My sister will bring them up" Beca said, trying to deadpan any conversation from unraveling. Benji's mouth opened, but snapped shut the second a girl barged into the room, who she presumed was Stacy. 

"You ready?" she asked Benji, completely ignoring Beca.

"Yeah, let's go" Benji replied, and his face. He held his eye contact the whole time Stacy dragged him out of the room, leaving Beca all to herself.