12 - Erebus

Four's Logbook

Well... today's the day.

In three hours, we'll be heading out to Erebus. Just me, Tyra, Vale, and our Titans. We'll scout as much as we can, and report back to the Militia fleet waiting a few systems away. Whatever it is that they're hiding there, I'm a bit excited to see it. Even if it's something totally horrible, I just am anxious at the prospect of it.

Now for the bad news; with how incredibly tight-lipped the IMC have been about this, there's no way that this planet isn't defended. Not to mention that we ran into one of their fleets being stationed there. Makes me think that they're being added as security detail.

That means that we're probably not going to get a friendly welcome. We're prepping for a crash landing, but that's alright.

Things are about to get interesting.

—X—

Tyra sat in the pilot's chair, having volunteered to fly them. Since it was just the three of them going, at least one of them needed to know how to pilot a dropship. The Titans were in a Widow being controlled by auto-pilot. It would automatically follow the dropship's course to the best of its ability.

Tobias gave one last look around the hangar at the riflemen and other pilots. Nearby, the 6-4 stood on guard; Gates, Dimitri, Bear, and their two newest members, Davis and Droz. He watched as the captain slowly left her group and approached him on the drop-bay's ramp.

"You make sure that you're careful, alright?" She spoke genuinely, a tone of concern in her voice. "I don't want to lose any more pilots. This war has enough dead heroes."

He nodded seriously. Once he'd given her his agreement, she chuckled and looked to Tyra and Vale who were farther into the dropship. "You two make sure that he doesn't have his head too far up his own arse to listen to reason every once in a while, yeah?"

Tyra guffawed from the pilot's chair as Vale stifled a laugh and nodded. "You've got it, Gates."

He rolled his eyes, and waved her off as she stepped back from the ramp. As Tyra prepped the last few flight-checks, he decided to pass the time. Holding one hand up to his helmet, he opened up communications.

"How're you doing, Kay?"

"We are operational. Titans are loaded and ready for takeoff."

He nodded. "Gotcha, but that wasn't the question. You alright?"

"So long as Tyra's flying isn't as messy as your initial piloting skills, I won't be nervous."

He heard a laugh from behind him, and rolled his eyes. "You broadcast that one on an open channel, didn't you?"

"Maybe."

He smirked. "Glad to see you've got a sense of humor. While we're discussing embarrassing moments, there's a question I've been meaning to ask you for a few weeks."

She paused for a moment. "Yes?"

"When you rescued me from that Tone on the Kraken, did you call her a bitch?"

She was silent, and he knew he'd touched a nerve. Finally, he heard her mumble, "Affirmative."

"Any particular reason why?" he continued, holding in his laughter at her awkwardness.

"She was about to kill you. I was protective and angry, so I temporarily suspended a collected demeanor." He heard her mutter, "Plus, I think Tones are overrated-"