Chapter 1

I ran as fast as I could, still holding the shot gun. Its weight making it harder to run. I could hear it behind me. Snarling animisticly. Then it went silent.

I looked around for just a second. I knew not to waste time looking for him. I may have a hunters weapon. But right now. I am the pray.

I knew all to well about being the pray. And this situation was much different with my Uncle John. One wrong move and I'll end up like Monica and Claire.

I kept running. Looking for an escape.

A scream of pain left me as I fell to the ground. The Beast snarled and started to pull me to him and bit into my leg making me scream again. I started kicking at his face and he let me go with a terrible snarling growl. I went to run and he reached for me. Ripping my long sleeved shirt

I started running. The wound and pain in my leg making it even harder to run.

I found a little cage and ran inside it. Then backed to the wall to take aim. I need to find him and grant Kevin his only wish. My torn shirt was getting in my way so I quickly tore it completely off and threw it to the ground, then took aim once more.

I could feel my heart beating erratically. I needed to get a head shot.

I froze seeing him start to climb the walls. Up to the lights on the roof. He's putting them out so I can't see him!

SHIT!

I took my aim and then took the shot. I can't tell if I hit him or not. But I take another shot as he goes into a hallway. I reloaded the gun and took aim once more. Looking for him. I knew he wouldn't give up on killing me just yet.

I saw that the door locked and ran over to the door. I then locked it, but as I went to back away once more he appeared grabbing my shirt. I shot at him. Hitting him in the waist and shoulder. But the bullets just fell off him.

It bleed so I knew I had indeed shot him. But that was it. No damage. I gasped and backed away. Once I had shot him, he released my shirt with a rip.

He gripped the bars and snarled at me. His teeth stained red with the blood of myself and my now deceased classmates. I shrunk away and knew death has come for me.

"Can't you see girl. I'm not human anymore. Kevin is human. But I am so much more then human." He cackled. Fear filled me more and shook me to the core. Tears fell as a sob escaped me.

I guess the only good thing about my death, I will be reunited with my mother and father. And that I died putting up fight.

He started to grip the bars and with such strength no man could possess, started to pull them apart. But then I saw his face drop as well as his eyes. They landed on my stumic and he froze. I did as well. I looked at what he was looking at and saw the old and somewhat recent scars on my stumic.

"You... Are... Pure!" He started giggling madly. I still stood frozen and crying. I wish he would stop teasing me and just kill me already.

He jerked his face threw the bars making me jump in fright.

"Rejoice! The broken are the evolution of the new world!" He said, smiling crazily. He started giggling and backing away. For some reason I knew inside me that he was letting me live. But I still couldn't move.

He then stopped as if remembering something. He looked back at me and smirked. A shiver went threw me as I saw his eyes darken with something I have noticed in my uncle John and Dennis here.

Lust.

"We can create a better world. Start creating a world of only the purest beings. You and I can do that. We will do that." He said, stalking to the door. I shook my head and backed away.

He grabbed the bars once more and continued to rip them apart.

"I will have you Casey. Let me have you!" He demanded. I shook my head as another sob escaped me. I tried to think of a way of escaping this maniac.

I tried to say Kevin's name again since that's what worked last time. But the words got stuck in my throat. I couldn't speak at all.

He was now inside with me.

 I tried to run pasted him to get far away from him.

But he grabbed me by the arm and we fought for the gun. He was able to get it and throw it far away from my reach. "Nothing to stop me from this Casey. Might as well stop fighting me. Once we are finished. I'll let you go." He said.

I struggled in his grip as memories of what uncle John did and still does to me. If he only knew how 'unpure' I am. He'd kill me. Which I was starting to wish for.

I found my voice as he pinned me to the wall and ripped my pants off me. I begged him to stop but he didn't.

When he was finished he bit me on my neck, growling one word.

"Ours."

He then left me there to sob and hold myself in pain and sorrow. Soon I was numb and leaned on the wall praying for death to come for me.

But it never did. Instead an elderly man came up and  gasped seeing me.

"Hey are you ok?" He asked rushing in to wrap his thick jacket over me to cover me up.

That was a good question.

Was I ok?

Will I ever truly be ok?