Chapter 3

Casey's POV

I sat in my new room. Everything seems different now. I am not use to living in a home that I was comfortable in. Safe in. Not since my dad died.

My mom died when I was young. I loved my dad. He was the best. Taught me everything I knew. But he's gone. And I was sent to my 'loving' uncle John. I didn't understand the game he taught me as a kid.

He'd have us both undress and 'play animals'.

I squeezed my eyes shut and  shook my head. I don't need to worry about him any more. He won't touch me ever again. I shouldn't have ever gone to stay with him. But he somehow was able to get me to live with him.

I looked back at the tv that was on. I never had a tv in my room before. We had one in Uncle Johns room and the living room.  

Things have been so different since I moved in with my aunt Libby and my cousin Irene. It was loving. It was safe. It was normal. Or how normal was supposed to be.

I looked around more. I had a desk with notebooks and a laptop I can use for my own needs. A new better cellphone charging beside the laptop.

A bookshelf with books in it and it was awaiting for more books to be placed in its empty slots. I had a beautiful soft bed to sleep in. I was finally safe.

The door burst open and I sat up. It was my insane cousin Irene. "Get up. Get ready cause we are going out my mane bitch!" She shouted. I was pulled up by her and she then rushed to my closet and pulled out clothes.

She then threw them at me blindly as she looked for shoes. I rolled my eyes and walked out of my room, then to the bathroom to get dressed.

I got changed in a black short sleeve shirt and jeans. Ever since Aunt Libby and Irene saw my scars, they told me it was part of my bravery and that they one, don't ever want to see any more on me, and two not to hide myself again.

I wear bracelets, and the short sleeves help cover some of the scars. I'm slowly getting comfortable in my own skin. Something I have never felt before in my life.

I was actually happy.

I brushed my hair and then walked out to see my cousin smiling like the idiot she is.

"Where we going?" I asked putting my shoes on. "We are going to the movies. We are going to go see Get Out." She said.

Irene was a horror fanatic. I knew she wanted to know about the horrors I went threw when I was taken. But she was smart enough to not ask me about it. It makes me love her even more.

I smiled and nodded.

As I went to leave, she grabbed me by the arm and dragged me to her room. She sat me on the toilet and pulled out her make up bag. And my face paled. I didn't wear make up.

___

After being forced to endure being her make up dummy, we finally went on our way to the theater near the house.

 It was a safe community, and right out of the community was some mini commons areas. One was attached to a movie theaters, and one was attached to a grocery store.

So we was aloud to walk to the theaters.

I always looked over my shoulders since the kidnaping. I couldn't help it.

____

We ended up going to the store that was before the theater and got candy and some soda bottles that we put into our bags, then we went to the subway for our lunches, then going to the theater.

We got a medium popcorn to share and headed into the movie theater.

I couldn't help but feel eyes on me. But people have been known to stair at me since I was found. So I guess I should be use to it. But I'm not.

 I made myself to ignore the feeling and to focus on the movie, and stuffing my face.

____

When the movie was over we started on our way home, talking about the movie. It was interesting. A twist at the end, but it wasn't all that scary. I've seen scary in real life.

We stopped at the little lake at the community to sit and watch the ducks and geese. There was some fish, frogs and little turtles.

"I cant believe someone gave you their number!" Irene said. I rolled my eyes. "He asked for an interview." I said. She smirked.

"He said that your story was inspiring." She said. I shook my head, and looked at my phone for the time. "We should head back home." I said getting up from the small grassy hill we was sitting on.

I helped her lazy self up and we walked back to the house.

Today was a good day.