t e n

riley
"first time?" i repeated to james. he didn't answer, he just nodded and sighed, "what's going on?"

"i guess i had to tell you at some point..." he replied awkwardly.

(a/n i know it's soon for riley to know it wasn't actually a dream, but trust me i know what i'm doing – well i sort of know what i'm doing aha)

then he explained everything to me, and i was in complete shock.

"s-so.." i honestly couldn't form any words right now, i was so shaken and confused.

"it's a lot to take in riles, i'm sorry i listened to your father but i had to. it was his wishes and if i had any hope of ever getting on his good side i had to respect him," he sighed sadly and took my hand in his.

"c-can we skip dance today?" i ask nervously, and he nodded. he quickly made his way over to mrs kate telling her i felt sick and had to go home, which is was fine for us to leave – we were just in b-troupe.

we make our way outside and sit in his car, silence filling the air. it wasn't awkward, it was kind and loving i guess. it's like all of our chemistry just came back together and everything was normal. neither of us said anything for awhile, until james decided to pull out of the parking lot and ask if i wanted to go to his house. i just nodded in response.

after a few minutes we pull up to the oh so familiar house, basically my home.

"i missed this place," i mutter quietly to myself, hoping james wouldn't hear, but he did.

"good thing we all missed you, babe," he replied hoping out of his truck.

(honestly if i get details wrong at this point don't kill me. it's late at night while i'm writing this)

we walk into his house and i'm bombarded by his siblings with hugs. they were like my family.

and suddenly everything snapped into reality when i noticed that james was supposed to be in collage.

"why are you still here?" i ask, coming off rude, "i-i mean you told me you were going to collage." he just nodded as his lips parted to explain then his mom came in.

"oh riley! you're back!" she came up and embraced me in a hug. damn i missed everyone here. i can't believe my dad could be so heartless and take me away from all this love and support.

i talked to everyone for a few minutes then james took me upstairs to his bedroom. i loved this room so much, it was so homey and it was great – so many memories were flooding back to when we dated.

"i understand if you don't want to resume our relationship..but if you do," he began rambling as he opened his dresser so revel some of my clothing, "i have some of your clothes and makeup still here..i don't want to force you into this though. i love and care about you, do whatever you want riles. this is a lot to take in so you don't need to stay," he kept going on and on so i just walked up to him and kissing him. i missed feeling his soft lips on mine. it's like i'm falling in love with him all over again. i pull away, but instantly miss him, "well i'll take that for a 'you want to stay'."

i just giggled and nodded kissing him again. i missed him.

a/n; the next couple of chapters will basically just be fluff, full of jiley, don't worry i know what i'm going with this story and i feel like it's the right time for riley to find the truth? also double update so woo! :)
-lovinqbritt