Chapter 2: Ari

Hey 302! Get up!

Hey 302! Get up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh Ari.

I looked up from my lap to see my younger brother, Ari, with a devilish grin on his face. No, he was not in my cage. He was outside of my cage with a key card. "..." I stayed silent. "C'mon 302. Don't you wanna get out!?" He taunted. I wasn't too far from the entrance so if I just reached a little farther then- no. He did this to me before. He'll just swipe it away. "...." I still don't speak. I just glare at him. "What? Don't like being called 302, 302?" He chuckled. I snapped. This is my escape. I know it is, it has to be. I lunged at him, grabbing his arm and ear. "I told you not to call me that. My name is Maximus!" I whisper-yelled to him. Ari yelled at the sudden grab. It wasn't a loud yell, but it was enough to alert a few erasers to charge at us. "Hey! What's going on over there!?" One bellowed. I looked up from little brother's head just to get backhanded in the face, which sent me to the back of the cage. I whimpered as look just outside of my cage to the right. In the dark, I could make out a figure, no, a male figure.

He looks my age just about a year younger. His eyes ask if I'm ok. I shake my head 'yes' before I am yanked off my feet by my hair and wings. I scream," Let go of me! Let go!" I kick and scream but to no avail. I held my head in pain as I heard another yell. "Please stop, STOP! You're hurting her!" I looked out of the corner of my eyes and saw the same boy now holding and shaking the bars of his cage. I now realize that he has long black hair and eyes with a bit of purple tint. I looked back when I saw a small light. There were small gasps around the room. "No! Anything but that! Please!" I pleaded. It was the taser on a wooden stick but it had extra bolts. Too much of it can kill us. All of the erasers keep them. In short, it hurt like heck! I kicked harder, kicking a random eraser in the process. They forced my ankles and wrists to the floor. "No, No, don't!" The boy yelled. One pokes me with the stick. They laugh as I scream in agony. "You're hurting her stop it! Please!" He continued to yell. An eraser elbowed him in the nose, breaking it.

One spreads my right wing. I start to cry. No, be strong. Do not show submission.

ZZZ

"Aaaah!" I soon black out.