Chapter 7: The Twin

Krissy's Point of View
I slammed my locker shut. I was ready to go home. I had a long day ahead of me. I was yearning for my hour nap before work. But I knew better than to take one.

I looked around for Blake. I was practically the only one in the hallway so I didn't want to get caught. I saw a few people walk towards the exit and followed them.

It had been two weeks since the party. Two long weeks of hiding and ignoring. He has been nonstop messaging me, urging me to hangout. I have ignored every message. I'm not ready to see him. I don't know if i'll ever be ready.

He called me once. I flipped out when I saw his name pop up. I was in the middle of studying when my phone started to vibrate uncontrollably. My heart stopped when I saw that it was him. I wanted to answer but I knew I shouldn't. Nothing good can come from him. I needed to forget the bad boy. If only he could forget about me.

"Krissy!" I heard Morgan call from behind me. She was sashaying her way over to me in a pair of skinny jeans and a pink sweater. She was wearing thigh high black boots with her hair in waves. Even in the winter she looked amazing.

I, on the other hand, did not. I was wearing a pair of old blue jeans and a black hoodie. My hair was in a low ponytail with my thick glasses on my face.

"Hey Morgan." I said to her. I unlocked my car and tossed my backpack into the backseat. I had about 40 minutes to relax before my shift at the diner. I wanted to enjoy every second possible.

"How are you holding up?" She asked. I looked at her, waiting for an explanation. What is she speculating? Why would I be sad?

"What are you talking about?" I asked. I looked around the parking lot and saw almost everyone was now gone. The only ones left were those who had sports practice. I'm pretty sure Morgan was one of them. Why wasn't she there? Wouldn't she get into trouble?

"The whole Kate-Blake thing." She whispered. I sighed. This is what she's talking about. The topic she has not dropped since the party.

"I'm fine. Now go to cheer practice." I said, not really feeling fine. I started my car, sitting in the driver's seat. I cranked the heat up. It would start to snow soon. Thanks Connecticut weather.

"I'm here you know." She said. I nodded. I knew she was. She was always here for me. Except this time, I think she needed to leave the boy alone.

"I know M. I'll see you later." I said shutting my door. She nodded with a small smile. I watched her walk back into the school. She was probably going to run to the locker room.

I then pulled out of my parking spot. I was to be at work in less than an hour, maybe 30 minutes now. I turned the radio on and enjoyed the current song.

Blake has not noticed me. I felt relief, yet sadness. I know i'm not supposed to want the bad boy in my life, but something in me did. Ever since we hung out, I couldn't stop thinking about him. He seemed genuine and caring, yet I knew he was still the notorious bad boy.

I wanted the bad boy to notice me, for me. I wanted to be the one to change him. Yet, I know that's not possible. He'll never be interested in a nerd like me.

-

I dropped the plates in the sink, ready to get another order in. Hannah was helping me clean the tables. We were short a person today. One of the waiters was off looking at colleges.

"Hello! Sorry to interrupt, but is your manager here?" A short brunette asked. She had a smile on her face. Her hazel eyes twinkling with anticipation.

"She is. What can I do for your?" Sandy came up behind Hannah and I. I swear she's like a ninja; always there, yet never seen.

"Hi, i'm Sophie. I was wondering if you were hiring. I'm new to town." She said with hope evident in her eyes.