Chapter 16: The Rejection

Krissy's Point of View
I stared at the script in my hands. Today was the last day i'd ever have to see Blake and I was more than happy, at least I wished I was. Tyler would be in my mind forever.

Blake and I had to perform our skit in front of the class and then i'd be done with him. Well, i'd still have him in this class but I didn't have to interact with him or be near him. I was so happy for that, especially for the event that occurred just a few days ago.

After Blake asked me that dreaded question, I ran. I was thankful I was still wearing the clothes from last night, even if it was a very open dress. I didn't even bother to fix my hair or my makeup. I wanted to get out of there and fast. I had run down the block and called Morgan.

I had grabbed my phone before Sophie and I were supposed to leave the comfort of Blake's room. We were supposed to enjoy the breakfast that Blake made and not have him hear my confessed feelings. Now, I was at the nearest food place to the Tyler mansion. I stopped running when I reached a McDonald's.

"Hello?" Morgan's voice was groggy. I felt bad for waking her up but I needed her help. I didn't know who else to call considering I left Sophie's house.

"I need you to pick me up M." I said. My voice was shaking. I finally took in what I was feeling. I was scared and embarrassed, mostly naive. I should have never admitted to my feelings out loud. I should have known that Blake could hear me. I was in his house for God's sake. I am so stupid. How could I just have said those words out loud.

"What happened? Where are you?" Morgan asked. Her voice had picked up and I could hear her panting. I bet she could hear my feelings through the phone.

"I'm at the McDonald's a few blocks from the Tyler's. I'll explain everything when you get here. Please hurry." I told her. I took a seat at one of the booths and let my body slouch. This weekend was taking a toll on me. I should have stayed home.

"Okay. I'll be there in five." She said. I could see her running out of her house. When ever I was in a crises, she knew how to speed without getting caught.

A few minutes later, my best friend walked in. Her brown hair was tied up in a bun and she was wearing running shorts and a baggy t-shirt. You could tell she had just woke up.

"Krissy." She said sliding into the other side of the booth. She felt relieved but that stopped once she took me in. I was still dressed in the same short dress with my heels sitting next to me. I was sure my makeup was smeared and my hair a mess. I should probably fix all that.

"On a scale of one to ten, how bad do I look?" I asked her. She glazed over my appearance before shaking her head. I'm going to take that as a 13.

"What happened? Where did you go last night? I was so worried." She said. I sighed. I knew those were the first words she was going to ask.

"I couldn't remember until Sophie told me." I said with a sigh. After I confessed my feelings, I asked her how I got there and what had happened the night before.

"Did you stay over at hers?" Morgan asked I nodded before proceeding to tell her everything from Paul to Blake. I stopped my story when Sophie walked in.

"There you are. I was worried." Sophie said sliding in next to me. I sighed. Morgan must have texted her.

"What happened that made you leave K?" Morgan asked. I looked at Sophie. She looked sad and ashamed. I bet she was blaming herself for causing me to say my emotions.