Chapter 15: The Confession

Krissy's Point of View
I held my eyes closed as I got up. I took the few steps towards the wall where I had a mirror hung. I looked in the mirror at my reflection. I was still in awe of how Morgan and Sophie were able to work such magic on me.

My makeup was neutral, only having a dark lip, making it barely noticeable that I was wearing any. My hair was straightened, only parted in the middle. It was such a simple look, yet I looked amazing. I didn't look like myself.

The only problem with this all was that I didn't have my contacts in

The only problem with this all was that I didn't have my contacts in. They took off my glasses and got to work as soon as I said I was going. I'd have to wash it all off before inserting my contacts in. There's no way i'm doing that and sitting through it all again.

"You look amazing." Sophie gushed. I blushed. Even after these last three months, I still wasn't used to her compliments. It was still very new to me.

"Now we just need you to take off those glasses." Morgan said. I shook my head.

"I can't insert my contacts in with makeup on. I need to keep the glasses." I said. They sighed before shrugging.

"You can be Krissy instead of Kate tonight." Asher said. I jumped at his voice. I forgot he was here. He was sitting on my bed on his phone. I wondered if he was texting Blake. Was he telling him everything that was happening? Would he tell him i'm Kate? No, he wouldn't. Sophie said we could trust him and I am going to take her word.

"I agree. Have fun without worrying too much about everything else. It's about time that Krissy enjoys herself." Morgan said. I sighed. I was already ready. I can't back out now. It looks like this is really happening. Krissy the nerd was going to a party.

"Okay fine. Let's go to this party." I said in defeat. They all cheered at that. I just hoped I didn't see Blake.

-

We pulled into Paul's driveway. Asher was driving us in his small, silver Toyota Camry since he didn't drink. He said that it killed more lives and that he wasn't risking his. He also said that smoking was off his limits and didn't understand why anyone did it.

During the car ride, Morgan said she was going to make sure I had the time of my life. We would dance our butts off and that it involved drinking in order to get loose. I didn't deny her that. I wanted to forget about all the stress in my life and alcohol was going to do that for me. I just hoped I didn't have a huge hangover in the morning, regretting my decision.

"Asher and I will be in the kitchen." Sophie said as soon as we got out of the car. The two of them disappeared into the house. Morgan looked at me with eagerness. You could tell that she was excited about having her real best friend at this party.