Fight or flight

I walk down the dark alley in dark clothes, a hoodie covering my face. I enter the fight club, the cheering and grunting replacing the quiet alley for a short moment the door is open.

"Alright alright alright!" The announcer named Jeff yells into the mic.

"Next up we have The Punisher and your one and only, Skull Crusher!" he says while looking at me.

I smirk and head to the makeshift arena, formed by the crowd. "You guys know the rules." Jeff states as a matter of factly.

I nod in response getting in position analyzing the skinny but lean guy in front of me. He starts laughing and bouncing foot to foot.

I notice he doesn't put too much pressure on his right leg and he is breathing weirdly. I believe he is wheezing, and he puts his left arm more up than his right probably avoiding a nasty bruise.

"Ding!" the bell rings out signalling the start. We spin in circles for about thirty seconds before he get agitated and lunges.

I kick his right leg and punch his left cheek quickly. He groans and grabs my ankle twisting it. I suck in air getting mad, I jump up and push my foot through the air. It lands right to his left side, making him kneel. He looks into my green eyes with defeat and I push him down so he is laying with my foot pressed lightly to his back.

"Give it up for Skull Crusher you guys!" Jeff yells loudly announcing the name they gave me right as I entered the club.

I nod and go to the person that gives out our share of cash that was voted for me and the opponent.  I nod to him respectfully putting the cash in the black bag I carry with me and wait for my last fight.

Jeff announces that I'll be fighting "Danger Zone." I know stupid names right? Thats what I think every fight.

I hide my bag in the back room and go to the 'man made arena'. I see my opponent has a zip up jacket on that is tight on his chest.

He is pretty toned and not bad looking, but I look for weaknesses, not beauty. I can tell he will swing slightly slower because of his size. Other than that I don't see much more, he must be a good fighter if he has no other weaknesses.

Not good enough though. I think to myself.

The bell dings and we circle eachother, analyzing. The crowd start getting wild and it distracts the guy for a short second, giving me time to do a round house kick.

My foot connects with his face making him grunt. He growls and punches my left cheek, with a lot of force I reckon. He smirks when blood drips from the hoodie covering my face.

I act like I am going for his stomach but I change direction quickly headed for his face. I hear a crack when I hit his nose making me smile.

He spins me so my back is facing him and he pulls my hood off that covers my face. The guys start to wolf whistle causing me to roll my green eyes.

My light brown hair in a long braid going down my shoulder. My tiny freckles on my nose exposed. My identity exposed, as the blood drips from my nose.

I reel my head back smacking him in the face. I kick my legs up and flip so I am on his shoulders. My legs are wrapped around his head as I move my weight back and smash his back on the ground.

His head hits the concrete making him hiss in pain. "Fucking hell!" he whispers under his breath.

I punch his left cheek then his right going repeatedly. He taps out and I smirk getting up.

"Your winner of the night, SKULL CRUSHER!" Jeff yells loudly without the mic.

I smile slightly pulling my hood back up and helping the guy off the ground. "Thanks." he says nodding to me.

I nod back and get my bag collecting my money. I walk out of the place also hearing sirens, I pause and can tell they are coming.

I peak my head in the door "Their coming!" I yell loudly causing people to run. I exit quickly and jump the fence, I run down the alley.

Hearing sirens coming towards the alley I climb the apartment building onto the roof. I lay flat breathing slow and quiet.

"Hey there princess." a familiar voice whispers to me

I turn my head to see 'Danger Zone' crawling towards me. I nod my head towards him "You didn't give me away did ya?" I whisper lowly.

He sighs "I actually thought you didn't talk for a moment there princess." I groan "Don't call me that."

He chuckles "I don't think any one sa-" he stops "Hey you!" an officer shouts to someone else on the roof that is standing proud and tall like an idiot.

"Get back here!." he yells when the guy takes off. I hear some clinking, making me take action I go the opposite way the idiot went and jump the roof to the next.

I jump at least 7 roofs by the time I lay down to hide. I hear shuffling behind me and I kick my leg low, swooping and eventually hearing a low thud.

"It's just me princess." Danger Zone groans quietly trying to breath right.

"You can't just loudly sneak up on someone like that man." I growl to him

He laughs and I kick his side "Shut up 'fore you give us away 'eh you dumb nut." I say my southern accent leaking slightly.

He sighs and quiets down "I think we can go now." he says loudly after bout twenty minutes.

I huff and get up "Bye Pea brain." I say before jumping off the roof and landing in the dumpster.