Chapter 35 The Tale of Two Wolves

The next day I went down stairs to eat cereal.

Claire and Emma gave each other glances before talking to me, "You know Van called he was wondering if you were going over there," Emma said.

"Yeah" I said simply.

After I ate I went down to Van's house but he wasn't there.

Amber was just coming out of her house, "Im going over to my Grandfathers, Van's over there you wanna come?" Amber asked me.

We drove deeper into the woods and came to a giant mansion.

It was mostly wooden but had silver rims along the sides and a big water fountain out front.

I entered into a large open area with a library to my right two staircases in front of me and a door on my left.

She pointed to the door, "He should be in there,"

I knocked at first and heard a tired, "Enter"

It was an office with a big wooden desk and Van'd grandfather sitting behind it.

"Sorry sir I was just looking for Van," I did about to leave.

"It's okay my dear have a seat," he said motioning towards a leather chair.

I took a seat and he lifted a cup to his mouth and took a long sip.

"Sir?" I asked.

"No need for that 'Sir' stuff just call me Peter" he said.

"Okay Peter can I ask you a question?"

"You just did, but yes you can,"

I took deep breath and asked, "Am I good?"

He looked bewildered at my question.

"What do you mean my dear?"

"Well Danny said that the last gold wolf wanted power and control but I don't want that but will I one day?"

" My dear let me tell you a story," he said sitting up and putting down his cup.

"An old Cherokee told his grandson, "My son there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, and truth."
The boy thought about it and asked, "Grandfather, which wolf wins?"
The old man quietly replied, "The one you feed."

He leaded forwards, "So my dear which wolf have you fed and which will you continue to feed?"

I thought about it for a moment, "My good wolf, it's always been my good wolf,"

"You've been tempted yes but you've always know what was right, that's why you refused Danny's offer right?" He said.

"Yeah I guess so," it felt good to know I have a choice and no one can tell me other wise.

There was a knock at the door, Van came in and said, "Good your here we need to talk."

"Thank you" I told Peter and got up and left with Van.

I will post tomorrow stay awesome and keep reading!!