Chapter 6

Garraxeron took cautious steps in finding his destination. It appeared to be the same place he met that small old man from before. We silently followed him until he stopped dead in his tracks and turned on the spot. I almost jumped out of my skin. We were still hidden by the bushes but the old man was not waiting for Garraxeron, Garraxeron was supposed to be waiting for him. They continued to walk until they reached the clearing, Garraxeron leading the way for the old man.

"I have the blood."
"Good... Good... And what... Type of dragon is this from...?" Questioned the old man.
"Night."

What? Did he use his own blood? But to get that much - (he was carrying it in a large jar hung over his neck by a rope. From the way he walked you could tell it was heavy.) - surely he would have serious injuries? Dracerier saw I was thinking and she explained.

"It's Drakako's blood." She said.
". . ."
"After the... Incident." She said carefully choosing her words. "Drakako lost a lot of blood."
"So all of that is Drakako's blood?" I queried.
"I hope so."
". . ."
"Well, I mean he was lucky to survive losing all that blood, and if Garraxeron took the blood from another dragon, we may not find them in time to save them." Dracerier explained.
"Oh..." I answered.

The old man had now taken the blood from Garraxeron and was examining it carefully.

"This shall do... In the meantime I will need you to locate me some quicksilver." The old man said.

The man was extremely small, only about the size of me, bearing in mind I was only a quarter the size of an average human, just as high as their knees. But this old man was slightly taller than me.

"Quicksilver!?" Exclaimed Garraxeron.
"Don't tell me you can't do this Garraxeron." Replied the old man. "Remember our deal."
"... Yes lord Quowal." Said Garraxeron.

Garraxeron turned and strolled back through the forest as the old man slammed his staff on the cobbled spiral on the floor in this clearing. Suddenly the jar of blood floated into the air and trailed after the old m- sorcerer, would be the correct term. I suppose the man who helped us escape the town was a wizard too. After the coast was clear we returned to the festival. As we were walking Dracerier spoke to me.

"Don't tell anyone." Dracerier said.
"What about Dragoron?" I asked.
"Not even him." She replied.
"I guess I won't tell you the first time we saw Garraxeron meet that old man. I mean, you did just say not to tell anyone." I bargained.
"You've seen him go there before!?" She exclaimed.
"Yes, with Dragoron." I replied.
"Okay well we can tell him and it will just be the three of us who know."
"And Bas." I said. Dracerier rolled her eyes.
"Ok, it will just be the four of us who know."

We continued back to the festival where we saw Garraxeron joining in with Dragoron's and Alexia's conversation.

"Wow!, so it's the only liquid metal?" Asked Garraxeron.
"Yes, but all metals can turn to liquid. That one is the only that is a liquid at cave temperature." Replied Dragoron, showing off his knowledge of all things in the earth.
"And... Where would one find such a thing?" Questioned Garraxeron.
"Well my father told me of a cave in the badlands where there is a whole river of it!" Answered Dragoron.
"Interesting... Now I've got to be going." He said as he walked off.

"What was he asking about!?" Dracerier hurriedly asked Dragoron.
"Mercury." Dragoron replied confused.
"Oh... Ok." Said Dracerier. I could tell that wasn't the answer she was looking for.

I met up with my mother again who was choosing a dessert.

"Oh, hello darling! Are you ready for home?" She asked as she ate a cake. I nodded and we returned home.