Chapter 11

"What were you thinking!?" Rampargaros scolded me.
"I was just wandering..." I muttered
"Do you know how dangerous that man is!?" He asked.
"No... I was just sick of everyone babying me! I can handle myself!" I shouted. Rampargaros sighed.
"I suppose you ought to know..."

He gestured for me to follow and I did. We stepped out of his office in the council building and begun to walk deeper into its inside. There were dragons looking for family and friends in the main hall. No one I recognised. We continued down several flights of stairs, decorated with a painting for each floor. Nothing special. Eventually we reached the bottom floor. We must be at least a mile underground now. He led me through a corridor then stopped before a door midway.

"Tell me exactly what he told you." Rampargaros said.

I recited what has happened and what he had done with my mark. Once I told him what I did with my mark Rampargaros jumped.

"Have you been feeling any... different?" He asked me, with a look as if I were going to lash out at him.

"Now you mention it..."

It was true. I was feeling weaker, and there was something else. Something I couldn't remember.

"Feeling ill perhaps?" He said backing away.

That was it.

"Oh yeah! I remember now." I grinned.

"Remember what?" He asked, now at the end of the hallway.

"This." I let loose a blast of fire, the smoke appeared in the path. Rampargaros couldn't pass through now. I turned and begun to walk away.

"Drakosima this isn't you!" Rampargaros shouted after me.

"You're right. This isn't Drakosima. This is Quowal." I headed up the stairs.

I rushed up the stairs, dragons following me. They must have heard about what I did. But that mattered not. I reached the 5th floor and I burst through the doors to the library. No one was here luckily. It seems the attack provided the necessary distraction. I searched for the documents I needed.

Dark Magic

The Biology Of Dragons

The second was quite simple to find. The first? Not so much. It took some digging around the back of the library to find that. But once I had them I carried them outside with me. It wasn't that hard to slip past the dragons searching for me. They underestimate a runt like me. However, it isn't easy sneaking past those of the same eye-level as you. I had just made it outside when I bumped into one of my 'friends.'

"Sima?" Asked a voice.

I groaned and turned around. "What?"

"Where were you? There's a rouge dragon about!" Said Dragoron.

"Go away." I said abruptly. I begun to walk away, but my path was blocked by a wall of earth.

"It's you. Isn't it." He said.

"Don't make me hurt you."

"It isn't me who should be worried."

a block of earth slammed into the back of me.

"It's on."

I sprung into the air, avoiding the chunk of earth that would have clearly hit me hard. I sent a blast of fire into his direction, but a boulder flung into the air blocked its path. I swerved to avoid the next boulder. I begun to descend, on a collision course with Dragoron. Fire begun to well in my throat. But I didn't see what was coming next. Dragoron smiled and opened his mouth. As soon as he did shards of rock flew out and hit me in the wings, causing me to crash-land. I staggered to my feet, but he sent the section of land I was stood on sky high. I landed again and swiped at him with my claws and tail; he dodged. I let a flash of flames out again, but he protected himself with a wall of dirt, which then proceeded to topple, almost crushing me. he used his stone-breath again, which I managed to evade by side-stepping.

"Nice fighting with you, but I've got to go!" I said.

I ran to one side, spraying my flame as to create a wall of the void. I scooped up my books and dashed to the forest with Dragoron firing rocks after me.